Windows 10: Folder path user profiles issue

Discus and support Folder path user profiles issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by eXPlosionas, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Folder path user profiles issue

We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC > UserDataD: > Users". When I click on address bar the path is shown D:\UserData.Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key ProfilesDirectory is D:\UserData.Then accidentally the D: partition was formatted

:)

eXPlosionas, Sep 16, 2022
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 16, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Folder path user profiles issue

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Folder path user profiles issue :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Folder path user profiles issue

1. Folder path user profiles issue - Similar Threads - Folder path user

2. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  3. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  4. User Profile Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  5. User Profile Folders

User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  6. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  7. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  8. Users folder and Profile folder

9. Unable to change user home profile path without issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change user home profile path without issues: Using Cmd or PS, I'd like to change the profile image path for a newly created user, I run into some issues. Steps - 1. Create a new user using net users command 2. Get a user profile for the user by doing runas with any application so his profile gets created in C:\Users 3....
  10. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linking another user profile path to the current user profile: Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on...