Windows 10: Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to allow a non-administrator account (I will refer it as "Guest Account" here) in my PC to access 5 folders in a folder which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JordanLSG, Nov 25, 2018.

1. JordanLSG Win User

Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10

Hi,

I would like to allow a non-administrator account (I will refer it as "Guest Account" here) in my PC to access 5 folders in a folder which contains 100 folders (Main Folder). I tried granting permission via Folders>Properties>Security but there is an issue with that.

If I allow read & write permission of the 5 folders to the Guest account without allowing read & write permission to the Main Folder which contains this 5 folders, the guest account is not able to access the 5 folders because the main folder has been "locked".

However, if I allow read & write permission to the Main Folder, the Guest account is able to view all 100 folders inside. I would only like to allow permission to 5 particular folders.

I was expecting Windows to automatically allow access to the 5 folders via the Main Folder after I grant permission to the Guest account but it did not work as expected. In another words, when the Guest account user clicked into the Main Folder, he/she will only see 5 Folders which have been granted permission out of the 100 Folders.

I am using Windows 10 Professional as well as Windows 10 Home. Would like to do this on 2 different pcs.

Please help, appreciate all help in advance. Thank you!

:)

JordanLSG, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Frank1 Win User

Admistrative permission needed

I have Windows 10 and in the Windows old folder there are several sub folders. They are all taking a huge amount of space. When I try to delete them it says I "Admistrative permission needed ". I even took control over them. And this is my personal computer. How can I get them deleted?

Frank1, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10

Admistrative permission needed

Windows.old can be removed with windows "Disk Clean-Up" utility. After it opens, select the drive containing install location...typically "C". Then select "Clean up system files" at the bottom and then select the check box beside windows.old. Once done, then you can delete the windows.old folder with no issues.

Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10 [​IMG]

dnasystems, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10

1. Folder Permission for Non-Admistrator Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folder Permission Non

2. name on admistrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    name on admistrator account: How do I change the name on my administrator account? My Microsoft account shows the update, but the computer still shows the old name. This should be easier. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-on-admistrator-account/37a8b973-9ae2-4313-8298-4d3709ee4b6d
  3. name on admistrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    name on admistrator account: How do I change the name on my administrator account? My Microsoft account shows the update, but the computer still shows the old name. This should be easier. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-on-admistrator-account/37a8b973-9ae2-4313-8298-4d3709ee4b6d
  4. Admistrator Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admistrator Account: Hello!My windows 10 computer doesn't have a Admistrator account on it, because I deleted it,But it has an account a normal one. Simply, how do I restore Administrator rights to a normal account?...
  5. Admistrator Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admistrator Account: Hello!My windows 10 computer doesn't have a Admistrator account on it, because I deleted it,But it has an account a normal one. Simply, how do I restore Administrator rights to a normal account?...
  6. Admistrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Admistrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admistrator: my computer is saying I cant use a game because I am not the administrator - but I am! Any help, please? David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admistrator/5495735d-d7c0-43bd-81e9-c5e5fa8f5db4
  8. Admistrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admistrator: Hey, I am trying to delete this content from my laptop and it says I need administrators permission, but I am the administrator and in fact the only account I need help please it would not let me delete it. Can someone please help me asap[ATTACH]....
  9. Windows 10 folder permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 folder permission: Hi I recently purchased FL Mobile 3 from the Microsoft store and am having trouble gaining full permission to the App's folders. I attempted to drop a music folder into the App folder but was denied due to lack of permission. I went through various tutorials and tried...
  10. Admistrative permission needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Admistrative permission needed: I have Windows 10 and in the Windows old folder there are several sub folders. They are all taking a huge amount of space. When I try to delete them it says I "Admistrative permission needed ". I even took control over them. And this is my personal computer. How can I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 show folders with user write permissions