Windows 10: Folder permission issue?

Discus and support Folder permission issue? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having a problem with Adobe Photoshop CC and a plugin (Portrait Pro 15). When I try to launch the plugin from photoshop, I get the following... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryAndrade3, May 6, 2019.

1. Folder permission issue?

I am having a problem with Adobe Photoshop CC and a plugin (Portrait Pro 15). When I try to launch the plugin from photoshop, I get the following error: Could not complete the Portrait Pro command because failed to run application C:/Program Files/PortraitPro Studio 15/PortraitProStudio.exe

I have been going back and forth with the vendor, Portrait Pro, but have not been able to find a resolution. I thought perhaps there was a problem with the folder permission for the Portrait Pro folder which was blocking Adobe Photoshop from launching the PortraitPro exe. I have tried changing the folder owner to my microsoft user name and ensuring I had full control but that hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Mary

:)

MaryAndrade3, May 6, 2019

2. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 6, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 6, 2019
  4. Folder permission issue?

Permission issues

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

This may be caused by incorrect permissions on the files.

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Folder permission issue?

1. Folder permission issue? - Similar Threads - Folder permission issue

2. Permission Issue on one of my folders!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission Issue on one of my folders!: Hi. I got a problem in my Windows 11! one of my folders in my external hard drive won't open. When I try to open it, it says "Access is denied" while I'm the administrator. I tried many ways. like in properties and security tab and then Advanced that says "You do not have...
  3. Permission Issue on one of my folders!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission Issue on one of my folders!: Hi. I got a problem in my Windows 11! one of my folders in my external hard drive won't open. When I try to open it, it says "Access is denied" while I'm the administrator. I tried many ways. like in properties and security tab and then Advanced that says "You do not have...
  4. Folder permission Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder permission Issue: Hi Team, Over the past few days, we have noticed an issue after updating our device. Whenever we attempt to change the Read-only access for a folder, it automatically reverts back to being a read-only selected folder. This is not functioning properly in our environment. We...
  5. Folder permission Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder permission Issue: Hi Team, Over the past few days, we have noticed an issue after updating our device. Whenever we attempt to change the Read-only access for a folder, it automatically reverts back to being a read-only selected folder. This is not functioning properly in our environment. We...
  6. Folder permission Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Issue with permissions on username folder?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with permissions on username folder?: Hi guys, I have had this issue for a while.....No start menu, can't open some apps like the calculator....I have to ctrl/alt/del to get to shut down button. This is start to bug me so I went to dig a little. When I go to Windows/users I see: Default...
  8. Permissions Issue - Not allowed to delete folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions Issue - Not allowed to delete folder: Hi, I have a folder that I don't have permission to delete. I am using Windows 10. It seems to be owned by Laptop/path (the laptop's local account) [img] A while ago, Windows10 prompted me to change my username and sign in using a windows account....
  9. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...
  10. Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pictures Folder Permission Issues: I have noticed that after every reboot the permissions of the Pictures folder revert to a read/execute status for "Home Users," and although my log in status has Admin credentials, I cannot save to the folder without a prompt. Plus if my Lightroom catalog is in there I can't...