Windows 10: Folder Permissions and creating a new folder to install software

Discus and support Folder Permissions and creating a new folder to install software in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning; I have a new computer, and it will not allow me to create a new subfolder in either the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files x86... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lukes_mum258, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Folder Permissions and creating a new folder to install software

Good morning;

I have a new computer, and it will not allow me to create a new subfolder in either the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files x86 folders. i have Admin privileges. I can create a directory in C to install them, but want to keep things organized. Thank you.

:)

Lukes_mum258, Oct 30, 2020

2. How to edit permission of folders in vista

In vista if some software try to copy files or folders to original directory then installation fails or programms cant run due to permission.
    i want to edit permissions of folder ..but cant select any option..
    rightclick on any folder- properties-security-edit-select writre..but i'm unable to edit it.

that's y i'm unable to run some application
    even i'm not able to run emule.

plz solve my problem.

freebird_9924, Oct 30, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

Folder Permissions and creating a new folder to install software

Password protect Win XP folder/drive, but access by camera software?

You could start the recording software using an exclusive credentials . Basically you create a new user/group and run the application (as a service perhaps) with the credentials of that new user/group. After that, you just set the permissions for the folders in questions, so both the system and the new user/group would have all the necessary permissions to do what they need to to do, but the other users (who need to use and access the computer) would only have read permissions there.

If you are already using different credentials for the job, just disable simple file sharing in the folder option's and set the permissions accordingly.

Ikaruga, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Folder Permissions and creating a new folder to install software

1. Folder Permissions and creating a new folder to install software - Similar Threads - Folder Permissions creating

2. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  3. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  4. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Administrator permission to create new folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator permission to create new folder.: Its showing a dialog box every time i am creating a new folder. But it does not pop when i create new folder in already existing folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-create-new-folder/23c695bf-e959-4486-827d-200d3dc1aab8
  6. Administrator permission to create new folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator permission to create new folder.: Its showing a dialog box every time i am creating a new folder. But it does not pop when i create new folder in already existing folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-create-new-folder/23c695bf-e959-4486-827d-200d3dc1aab8
  7. creating new folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    creating new folders: Recently, my desktop rightclick window wont allow me to create a NEW folder. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-new-folders/c1577df3-dc44-4a50-8ffe-6017ebd6317e
  8. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  9. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"
  10. Creating New Folder

Creating New Folder: Please help me. Why is it that I can't create new folders? Before this the icon functioning just well, but this time nothings happen. Why is that happening?? What should I do?...