Windows 10: Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting

Discus and support Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, But of a weird one here, basically I've been doing some serious customisation to my media folders.. I've arranged everything where I want them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cloud106, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Cloud106 Win User

Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting

Hi,

But of a weird one here, basically I've been doing some serious customisation to my media folders.. I've arranged everything where I want them from movies to TV and animated TV. I've even go as far as to put artwork on all folders.. For example in my marvel folder I've got an Marvel Cinamatic universe logo set and inside all the films have the did covers set.

I've been adding this artwork by righclicking the folders the films are inside. Going to customisation tab and selecting older pictures, which I then set a picture I've saved of the film cover..

My issue is that 2 times now I've gone through setting all this up to look nice and randomly when I restart the computer most of the artwork disappears from the folder and it goes back to the Windows default folder picture with just the media logo inside it..

Does anyone know why this keeps happening and how I would stop it from forgetting the picture I've set up? It's really annoying having to set it all back up again and again for each individual folder and so time consuming!!

Thanks for any help you can give

:)

Cloud106, Feb 27, 2016
  2. SoulJP Win User

Windows 10 Theme Customization?

I've just upgraded and I was wondering is there a way to edit themes like previous versions? For example like changing my background picture every day or setting a specific folder to cycle through pictures randomly? I can see that you can make a slideshow
    on the lock screen but that's about it.

SoulJP, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Photos app hogging resources in background

Okay, I've kept an eye on my photos folders for a few days now, but I haven't seen any changes.

It did remind me that I have an uncommon folder setup, which might be a factor here.
    I have the location of Windows’s default pictures folder set to my OneDrive pictures folder.
    So basically, the folder that Photos is scanning by default is D:\OneDrive\Pictures.

Maybe that’s confusing something in the system…?

Ian Patterson, Feb 27, 2016
Thema:

Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting

1. Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting - Similar Threads - Folder pictures I've

2. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  3. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  4. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  6. Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random: I've used Onedrive for many years to store my pictures in the cloud, while allowing access through a quick download when I want to see a particular picture. For the last several months, Onedrive it eternally trying to download every picture to my various laptops. All of...
  7. default folder setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default folder setting: I see that this issue has been going on for the last few years and with all my searching i have not yet seen a solution, especially now after all the updates as certain options aren't available like remember folder view in explorer...... All my folders keep switching back to...
  8. Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder pictures I've set randomly defaulting: Hi, But of a weird one here, basically I've been doing some serious customisation to my media folders.. I've arranged everything where I want them from movies to TV and animated TV. I've even go as far as to put artwork on all folders.. For example in my marvel folder I've...
  9. Default Folder Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder Setting: I would like most of my folders to open with Details for the view. Then when I want it differently I can change it. It seems like every time I open a new folder or one that has not yet been opened within 10 they all are large icons which provide little information. Is...
  10. Default Pictures Folder is Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Pictures Folder is Gone: For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I look at the locations tab and it says it's in my User Folder. Though it does not appear inside of the User Folder, whereas...