Windows 10: Folder previews

Discus and support Folder previews in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows did a big update. There is no preview pane when I click a picture in a folder, How do I get that back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rosemk001, Jan 19, 2019.

1. rosemk001 Win User

Folder previews

Windows did a big update. There is no preview pane when I click a picture in a folder, How do I get that back?

:)

rosemk001, Jan 19, 2019

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Folder previews

Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

RuthZekowski, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Folder previews

1. Folder previews - Similar Threads - Folder previews

2. How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?: How do I get the folder preview pane to open on the bottom instead of only the right hand side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-folder-preview-pane-to-open-at/45942c24-06e0-4b11-98f7-934c9020b3a5
  3. How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?: How do I get the folder preview pane to open on the bottom instead of only the right hand side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-folder-preview-pane-to-open-at/45942c24-06e0-4b11-98f7-934c9020b3a5
  4. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder: When I open a photo on the desktop only on the desktop not in folders the pictures below in the preview are pictures that are not in the desktop anymore and inmediately tries to open them and fails because there are not there. Is there a way to refresh the previews refreshing...
  5. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder: When I open a photo on the desktop only on the desktop not in folders the pictures below in the preview are pictures that are not in the desktop anymore and inmediately tries to open them and fails because there are not there. Is there a way to refresh the previews refreshing...
  6. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

7. hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...: hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots in microsoft community and I did all solutions but still the problem, how can I solve this? thanks...
  8. hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...

hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...: hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots in microsoft community and I did all solutions but still the problem, how can I solve this? thanks...
  9. hi, I have a problem with preview the pics and videoes in the folders and I saw what wrots...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. File image preview on folders

File image preview on folders: About a week ago or so, I noticed that the folders in Windows 11 was not showing the file image preview on the folder icon like it has in the past. I've read articles/questions here and on other sites and have tried so many things i.e. uncheck 'always show icons, never...