Windows 10: Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes

Discus and support Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Folders in windows explorer are not showing last modified and last accessed time/date but only creation time/date while files are showing all three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anmolvirk1997, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes

Folders in windows explorer are not showing last modified and last accessed time/date but only creation time/date while files are showing all three attributes. No matter what change I make to any folder e.g. changing name or date inside it its modification time will never be shown and I can't sort folders on the basis of modification date/time.

Earlier these attributes would show and folders could be sorted according to modification time/date.

I am using windows 10 2004 build 20185.1000

Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes e4c192e2-bf7f-4b6b-9dcc-a2eda1da6b36?upload=true.png Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes b964e312-fe1f-47db-b246-471a3ff4fbed?upload=true.png

:)

anmolvirk1997, Aug 16, 2020

2. how can i add and fix to sort ( date modified ) by default

Hi,

Apologies for that please follow the below for setting Date Modified to appear in folders as default.

On your desktop, click the Windows Explorer icon to launch it or press Windows key + E.

Navigate to any folder of your choice whose files you want to degroup.

Click “View” at the top left to access the View tab.

In the View tab in the Current View group, click the Group By dropdown arrow to reveal a list of selectable attributes.

Select “Date Modified” from the list.

Step 2:

Click on View in Explorer ribbon > Options > Change folder and search options to bring up the Folder Options properties.

Step 3:

Switch to the View tab.

Step 4:

Click Apply to Folders button, followed by Yes.

Step 5:

Click Apply > OK.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 16, 2020
  3. "Date Modified" of folder containing subfolders

Hi,

All that is being asked for here is how Windows works ie how it is meant to work. jaygourley isn't asking about corrupt file systems or putting forward a suggestion. Please just answer the question, somebody!

I have the same question. I add a file to a folder, say 'photos from 2017' Its date modified is updated...as you'd expect, because its contents have changed. 'photos from 2017' lives as a subfolder of 'All My Photos'. 'All My Photos's date modified does
    not change when the file is added to 'photos from 2017', presumably because it still has the same contents as before...the list of files and folders within 'All My Photos' are the same ones, even if the modified date for 'photos from 2017' has changed.

This is logical in one sense, but not always what's wanted.

So the question is...can behaviour be changed (system-wide or per-folder) so that the date modified for 'All My Photos' reflects the date *anything* within it, right down to the bottom of the file tree, gets modified (ie a file is changed and saved, or a
    subfolder gets a file added or deleted). So I know just from looking at the Date Modified for 'All My Photos' if something was added/changed/deleted somewhere within its tree. Or is there another attribute other than 'Date Modified' that would show this?

Ian

Henry Dishtowel, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes

Date Modified Issue

File dates can be set in two ways:

• By the editor you use. The editor may or may not modify the date stamp. Normally it does but there are exceptions.
    • By a script that allows you to specify the date & time.

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes

1. Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes - Similar Threads - Folder properties don't

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  4. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  5. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  6. Folders sorted by Date Modified

Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  7. Question about folder last-modified date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about folder last-modified date: I have a folder structure like the following: Documents -> Client Name -> Project Name I keep my documents folder sorted by Last Modified date. Ideally, any time I modified a file in one of the Project folders, it would not only change the date on the Project folder (which...
  8. Finding a photo by last modified date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding a photo by last modified date: How do I find a photo by create date/last modified date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-a-photo-by-last-modified-date/5f89975a-7e0a-4094-ae0e-b80c57b0c0d5"
  9. The Last backup date is not updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Last backup date is not updated: The Backup and Restore (Window 7) works well before. Recently the Last backup date stopped at 4/8/2019, even though the backup has performed after that day. I set the backup schedule at Every day. The Next backup date is updated. I think it is not related to incorrect date...
  10. Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence

Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence: So I want to copy files from my PC to Android phone in the "Last Date Modified" sequence. That is, the file in that folder was modified the first should get copied first. Then the file that was modified second, should get copied second. Is there any way to do this?...