Windows 10: Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

Discus and support Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was trying to write PowerShell scripts to tell me exact details on what files were missing from cloud storage, and I'm noticing that PowerShell is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VincentRogers, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

Was trying to write PowerShell scripts to tell me exact details on what files were missing from cloud storage, and I'm noticing that PowerShell is showing me different numbers compared to Properties that File Explorer is showing me. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For examples, here are the comparison numbers of a couple of my folders:Music PowerShellFile count: 3686Folder size total: 22,697.45 MBFile ExplorerFile Count: 4346Folder size total: 23,816.10 MBdifferenceFile Count: 660Folder size total: 1,118.64 MBDocumentsPowerShellF

:)

VincentRogers, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Lizy297 Win User
    how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Jan 20, 2022
  4. tomyfr Win User

Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

Difference in size of a folder with its contents

Hello to all,

I have a folder Documents and when I check its properties, Windows 10 x64 shows ~13 GB as its size. But when go within it and select all contents and check for properties (from the context menu) it shows ~3 GB as all of its contents' size. I also checked the show hidden items checkbox, but no changes!

Why are these different please?

tomyfr, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

1. Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix? - Similar Threads - Folder Properties misrepresenting

2. How to remove properties and personal information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove properties and personal information?: Error: 0x8007000DHow to remove properties and personal information so that I can input song name, band name or song name in recorded MP3 filesThank you...
  3. How to remove properties and personal information?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove properties and personal information?: Error: 0x8007000DHow to remove properties and personal information so that I can input song name, band name or song name in recorded MP3 filesThank you...
  4. Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?: Was trying to write PowerShell scripts to tell me exact details on what files were missing from cloud storage, and I'm noticing that PowerShell is showing me different numbers compared to Properties that File Explorer is showing me....
  5. Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?: Was trying to write PowerShell scripts to tell me exact details on what files were missing from cloud storage, and I'm noticing that PowerShell is showing me different numbers compared to Properties that File Explorer is showing me....
  6. How to fix the email content's size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the email content's size?: Hello everyone, Recently, when I view an email within Windows Mail App the email body first will display normally, but when I scroll down through some places that display embedded graphics, the display will automatically enlarged and all the texts and graphics will be over...
  7. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  8. Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size: My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on disk D is 91gb. How can I be sure that onedrive works well and all of my files on my disk? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. Difference in size of a folder with its contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in size of a folder with its contents: Hello to all, I have a folder Documents and when I check its properties, Windows 10 x64 shows ~13 GB as its size. But when go within it and select all contents and check for properties (from the context menu) it shows ~3 GB as all of its contents' size. I also checked the...
  10. Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.

Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.: Folder properties sometimes gives accurate size and count but mostly just one of the internal folders and sometimes impossible readings like 45TB for a 17gb folder. This problem first occurred on a new Seagate Expansion Drive then on data transferred back to my main...