Windows 10: folder properties not shown

Discus and support folder properties not shown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No folder properties not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-properties-not-shown/96bf9220-ef04-470f-a9ca-98161581bc40 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkkuJärvinen1, Mar 15, 2021.

1. folder properties not shown

No folder properties not shown

:)

MarkkuJärvinen1, Mar 15, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Security tab in folder properties just disappeared

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any particular file or folder?

I suggest you to restore the Folder properties to default and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Windows Key + E and click View.
    • Select Option and choose "Change folder and search options"
    • Go to View tab and Restore defaults.

If you still face the issue, try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 15, 2021
  4. folder properties not shown

Files folders and storage

Hi Peter,

We need more information to be bale to help you better with this issue. Are you facing any issues when saving the word documents or when composing any documents?

If the issue is with saving documents, where are you trying to save them and what is the error message displayed?

I would suggest you to check if the users folder is displayed as "read only'. Open File Explorer, click on the driver where windows is installed, and open the users folder. Right click on the users folder, and then check in the general tab, if it is shown
    as 'read only'. If yes, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are

located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child

object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click

Ok.

Bennet Martin, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

folder properties not shown

1. folder properties not shown - Similar Threads - folder properties shown

2. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Properties Not Shown: I'm currently trying to view the detailed properties of an image. However, some fields are not shown completely, ending in ... How can I view the information that is hidden by the ...?...
  3. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing Properties Not Shown: I'm currently trying to view the detailed properties of an image. However, some fields are not shown completely, ending in ... How can I view the information that is hidden by the ...?...
  4. Viewing Properties Not Shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder Properties

Folder Properties: I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I...
  6. Folder / Properties / Location

Folder / Properties / Location: I am trying to edit the folder's Location in Properties. The Location tab is there. It shows the folder's location path, but I am not able to edit it. The cursor will move around in the box, but it does not permit me to make any changes....
  7. Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties: I've noticed that the Synaptics Device Settings are missing from my Touchpad settings. There are a number of settings in that category such as two finger scrolling and reverse scrolling. Driver is updated. How can I get the Synaptics Device Settings restored? Thanks for...
  8. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  9. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...
  10. NAS Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS Folder Properties: I have 2 NAS devices connected on my LAN. the view on the contents of the folders on the NAS is set to "Details". But almost every time after a shutdown (computer and NAS) the view changes to "Large Icons". This doesn't happen with my C drive and connected SATA drive. Why...