Windows 10: Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.

Discus and support Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Folder properties sometimes gives accurate size and count but mostly just one of the internal folders and sometimes impossible readings like 45TB for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Biguglygremlin, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.

Folder properties sometimes gives accurate size and count but mostly just one of the internal folders and sometimes impossible readings like 45TB for a 17gb folder.

This problem first occurred on a new Seagate Expansion Drive then on data transferred back to my main computer.

:)

Biguglygremlin, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Lizy297 Win User

how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Folder size inaccurate

Hi,

A common problem, but I need this fixed! When I choose Properties on a folder, the folder size isn't always accurate. Example: folder itself says it's 4.99 GB with 93 files and 20 folders. If I go into the folder and select all of the items, the properties
    are HUGELY different: 165 GB with 13,750 files and 1,565 folders. This file on my Desktop drive in C has the 4.99 GB total in Properties.

My old Windows 7 internal drive crashed, so I've got a new hard drive with a fresh Windows 10 Pro install. I've downloaded all of my files from my backup source, but this discrepancy between file size in properties is driving me nuts as it makes it incredibly
    difficult to reconcile things from backup to source and from source to copy.

I know this is a known error (1803) but it must be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can I fix this, or do I just have to wait on the bug fix? If so, when will this bug be fixed?

Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate. d8ac7f20-709f-4098-a4dd-a3f258ccca59?upload=true.jpg

Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate. b92d258f-9feb-4283-a8ec-d6082fa73290?upload=true.jpg

DarrahLong, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.

1. Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate. - Similar Threads - Folder properties size

2. Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?: Was trying to write PowerShell scripts to tell me exact details on what files were missing from cloud storage, and I'm noticing that PowerShell is showing me different numbers compared to Properties that File Explorer is showing me....
  3. Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Properties misrepresenting information of Size and Contents, how to fix?: Was trying to write PowerShell scripts to tell me exact details on what files were missing from cloud storage, and I'm noticing that PowerShell is showing me different numbers compared to Properties that File Explorer is showing me....
  4. Application properties font size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application properties font size.: Hi, I've had a hard time finding a sweet spot on 1080p laptop regarding font size but I am pretty close after changing the overall scaling to 125% and tweaking all the *Font "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" registry settings...yet fonts in app...
  5. Properties reporting used space MUCH more than the sum of the folder properties sizes.

Properties reporting used space MUCH more than the sum of the folder properties sizes.: SSD C: shows a "used" size of ~90 GB and the sum of the file folders used size is less than 30 GB - including hidden folders. What is going on?...
  6. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  7. Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size: My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on disk D is 91gb. How can I be sure that onedrive works well and all of my files on my disk? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option

Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option: hi, i am having problem with the properties option. i am using windows 10 and just encountered a problem. i was checking the size of one of my folder (in terms of checking how much space it occupies on hard drive). i got some figure around 60.04 GB. just to cross verify i...
  9. Directory size of user folder under-reported in "Properties"

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory size of user folder under-reported in "Properties": I'm trying to ascertain the size of my User folder. Right clicking on C:\Users\myusername directory shows 297 GB, however, I know it is much larger than that; a certain folder within my User folder, for example, is over 400GB. I believe the size of my User folder is actually...
  10. Windows 10 unexplained os size fluctuations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 unexplained os size fluctuations: One day, A while back, I got a desktop notification that my os partition was was running out of room. This was totally unexpected. Previous to this, my 40 gb partition had about 15gb free, and suddenly I only had 200mb of free space available. It was not a result of a...