Windows 10: Folder Properties

Discus and support Folder Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LyndaEveritt, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Folder Properties

I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I never used to have this problem. I've tried all sorts of solutions found online but nothing works

:)

LyndaEveritt, Oct 12, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Security tab in folder properties just disappeared

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any particular file or folder?

I suggest you to restore the Folder properties to default and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Windows Key + E and click View.
    • Select Option and choose "Change folder and search options"
    • Go to View tab and Restore defaults.

If you still face the issue, try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Folder Properties

Folder Property Issues.

Hello Dario,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Have you made any changes on your computer?
    2. From when are you facing this issues?
    I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and see if that helps:

Step 1:

1. Open the ‘File Explorer’.

2. Click on 'View' and select 'Options'.

3. Under the folder, select 'General tab' and click on
    'Restore Defaults'

4. Select view tab and click on 'Restore Defaults'.

5. Click on 'Apply' and Click 'Ok'.

6. Restart the computer to effect the settings.

After following above mentioned steps, try setting the preferences.

For issue related to permission I suggest you to check box Replace owner on sub-containers and objects.

For more information refer the resolution section in the article about
    taking permission of files and folders

If the above Step fails, refer step two and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Follow the Microsoft article to create a

new user account

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Folder Properties

1. Folder Properties - Similar Threads - Folder Properties

2. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  3. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  4. Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.: Hello,I have been having so much problems trying to move a folder out of c:\users\username\OneDrive. Up until a few days ago, I had a Location Tab in Properties. I was trying to move a folder out of there, but I kept on getting error messages. Now I don't know where it is:I...
  5. Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.

Cannot Find or Add Location Tab in Properties when trying to move a folder.: Hello,I have been having so much problems trying to move a folder out of c:\users\username\OneDrive. Up until a few days ago, I had a Location Tab in Properties. I was trying to move a folder out of there, but I kept on getting error messages. Now I don't know where it is:I...
  6. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  7. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  8. Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon

Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon: Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon. and then some setting options also did not respond when I clicked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-properties-window-on-any-program-folder/0452e891-e926-45e3-a11c-57697130f0aa
  9. Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon: Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon. and then some setting options also did not respond when I clicked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-properties-window-on-any-program-folder/0452e891-e926-45e3-a11c-57697130f0aa
  10. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...