Windows 10: folder reappers after deleting

Discus and support folder reappers after deleting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've uninstalled oracle10g on windows 10 , i couldn't find its registry files to delete so i deleted the whole oracle folder but some files are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by haroonahmed1, May 1, 2019.

1. folder reappers after deleting

I've uninstalled oracle10g on windows 10 , i couldn't find its registry files to delete so i deleted the whole oracle folder but some files are still ion the folder and window didn't let me delete the folder saying its is open in other program so i formatted the whole drive but folder keeps reappearing after deleting . how do i get rid of it?

:)

haroonahmed1, May 1, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused folder reappers after deleting :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well folder reappers after deleting :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 1, 2019
  4. dani1234 Win User

folder reappers after deleting

old desktop icons reappered - can't delete

I have a load of old shorcuts reappered on my desktop, they are not clickable so can't delete them & they are also not appearing in my desktop folder, i have tried to delete the thumbnail cache but had no luck, how can i get rid of theses?

dani1234, May 1, 2019
Thema:

folder reappers after deleting

1. folder reappers after deleting - Similar Threads - folder reappers deleting

2. Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh: I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows Update before the May Update and then the May Update I notice that whenever I delete a file or folder it doesn't disappear...
  3. Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted files/Folders disappears after deleting only after hitting Refresh: I had this issue in the past and eventually it disappeared by itself. Possibly due to a future Windows Update.But since I installed a Preview Windows Update before the May Update and then the May Update I notice that whenever I delete a file or folder it doesn't disappear...
  4. Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming folder entirely deleted after restart: When I restarted my Computer the Roaming folder in Appdata was completely empty no previous versions either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-entirely-deleted-after-restart/90cc4951-549f-420c-9144-25d3c5c5a58a
  5. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  6. Deleted folder reappears after months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder reappears after months: I deleted this folder months ago, today i found it again in my download folder, its contents didnt come back only the folder. Same thing happened almost a year ago, different folder but same thing, weeks after it was deleted it come back without its content. I ran EEK,...
  7. Folder keeps appearing after deletion

Folder keeps appearing after deletion: Hello, I've a question regarding to an folder i deleted several times but keeps appearing after i start up my device. what can i do to permantly delete this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete

Folder in OneDrive re-appears after delete: Hello In my Win10 OneDrive folder I have a subfolder. I am trying to delete that subfolder. After I choose "delete" ….the folder re-appears after about 15 seconds. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks, Jim...
  9. Cant delete Windows.old folder after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant delete Windows.old folder after upgrade: After upgrading to latest Win 10 I am happy with all working well and want to delete the Windows.old folder. But although I am the administrator I get a message saying I need administrator rights to do this. I have even tried using the hidden administrator account but get the...
  10. old desktop icons reappered - can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    old desktop icons reappered - can't delete: I have a load of old shorcuts reappered on my desktop, they are not clickable so can't delete them & they are also not appearing in my desktop folder, i have tried to delete the thumbnail cache but had no luck, how can i get rid of theses? 47567