Windows 10: Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders

Discus and support Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you configured a new GPO which redirects User folders to a new network share, or you click on Reset default location under Windows File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders

WinClub, Sep 22, 2018
  2. JohnCPR Win User

How to copy a list of subfolders from a folder to a system folder

I needed to backup the list of subfolders in my system folders, e.g. Documents, Pictures etc., before Windows 10 was re-installed at a Microsoft store due to a problem that could not be repaired. I thought I was copying the system folders to a separate
    drive. Instead, the resulting system folders under Properties appeared as regular folders. I now need to restore the subfolders back to the system folders in one operation.

Can I simply drag the regular folders on top of the system folders of the same name so that the system folders do not become regular folders or what is the correct procedure?

JohnCPR, Sep 22, 2018
  3. heniv Win User
    Why does Windows 10 exit to parent folder up on dragging a file to a network folder?

Your list is correct Shawn,

The open 'subfolder' will step back into 'folder', with 'subfolder' selected in the list.

This behaivour does not apply to local folders.

Server is a regular Windows 7 PC.

heniv, Sep 22, 2018
  4. JohnCPR Win User

How to copy a list of subfolders from a folder to a system folder

I was able to copy the Documents regular folder saved on the separate drive and pasted it onto the Documents system folder in the C drive. I was advised by a Microsoft representative that the copy and paste should place the subfolders directly under the
    system folder. Unfortunately, the Documents regular folder is now a subfolder in the Documents system folder.

I would need to drag and drop each of the 30 subfolders onto the Documents system folder since I have not found a method to simply highlight all the subfolders as I would do with a list of files to do this in one operation.

Do I need to use a console command to do this or is there another way? If a console command please provide one since I have not used the console for years.

JohnCPR, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder Redirection Failed: Failed to build the list of regular subfolders - Similar Threads - Folder Redirection Failed

2. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  3. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my dowloads folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen.Please help...
  4. Can not Restore Default location of picture folder "Failed to build the list of known...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not Restore Default location of picture folder "Failed to build the list of known...: Hi there,I am currently trying to change the location of my pictures folder to the default folder since I do not want it on my onedrive, but when I click on "Move" on the folder's properties, it comes up with the error of "Failed to build the list of known sub-directories"....
  5. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information"....: I located my documents folder on my Hard Drive Here D and i thought it wouldnt change anything, but now my complete hard drive is full of trash and i cant change the direction of my documents folder bc everytime this erre message get on my screen. Please help...
  6. Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...

Undo user folder location change/ failed to build regular subdirectories under...: Hello: I wanted to move my Downloads folder to my D disk because I was running out of storage on my C disk. I had already moved my Documents and Pictures folders there: [ATTACH] However, when I was changing the file location, I made a mistake, and instead of moving to...
  7. MSI installation with Folder Redirection fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI installation with Folder Redirection fails.: We have an issue with some msi-installers Firefox, Google Chat running on a system with Folder Redirection enabled. We set UNC path to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\AppData variable. Installation fails with...
  8. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories: I am trying to restore my Documents to its default location from one of the volumes and getting this when I hit "Restore Default". Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "I:\System Volume Information". Access is defied. It is a permissions thing, but when...
  9. failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information

failed to build the list of regular sub directories under d system volume information: hello, today i noticed my OS drive was not saving none of my files or libraries on my D drive. the difference of 20gb OS versus the D drive 900gb was outlandish after a complete mistake on my part. After trying to merge files i ended up making my D drive to the...
  10. "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied"

"Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\Recovery. Access is denied": After I've move Downloads Folder from C(SSD) to D(HDD) driver. So, the Downloads Folder in direction C:\User\MyName\Downloads was disappeared. I wanted to recover Downloads Folder in C driver back but I got this error....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to build the list of subdirectories

2. failed to build regular subdirectories

3. failed to build the list of regular subdirections

4. fail to build the list of regular subdirectories,
  5. the following error occurred: failed to build the list of regular subdirectories the network name could not be found under,
  6. folder redirection Failed to build the list of known subdirectories Specified file is not found,
  7. Folder Redirection Failed Failed to build the list of known sub folders,
  8. Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under Folder recdirection,
  9. folder redirection failed to build subfolders 2019