Windows 10: Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10

Discus and support Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the issue of computers running Windows 8 and later versions may not apply Folder Redirection Group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Folder Redirection using Group Policy

Hi All,

I have Server 2012 r2, there is a GPO that redirects users folders. I am in the middle of upgrading OS to Windows 10.

Now I have upgraded 6 clients at the moment but some are not picking up the folder redirection Group policy.

The folder redirection policy works fine on Windows 7.

I have:

Tried forcing gpupdate

Ran a gpresult but does not show anything about the group policy for folder redirection

Update the Group policy files within sysvol

There is no WMI filter

The users are allowed to read the GPO

Rolling back the build that the user was on to an earlier version

If i get one of the affected users to login to another computer (Win10) that works with folder redirection the computer applies it but on their own pc the computer with Win10 it can not see the Group policy.

So this tells me that there is not a problem with the users permissions but something with the Windows version or Computer permissions that are stopping group policy from applying.

The folder redirection group policy does not show up in the denied group policies either.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Ashley

Ashley Watson 1, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB - Folder Redirection Group Policy Error 1003

I am on a Windows 2008 R2 Domain - DVD install of Windows 10 X64 Enterprise 2015 LTSB - Folder redirection GPO applied but it does not work. In the event log I get Event ID 1085 "Windows Failed to apply the Folder Redirection settings" and in the Details
    Tab I have the following:

EventData

Supportinfo1 = 1

Supportinfo2 = 4954

ProcessingMode = 1

ErrorCode = 1003

ErrorDescription = "Cannot complete this function"

I have found on the web a topic stating that if you are running Folder redirection AND SCCM 2012 and have the "Compliance Settings" in the device client "Enable User Data and Profiles" set to "Yes" that that will prevent Folder Redirection from working;
    so I went into SCCM and set that to "No" - did a machine policy retrieval and a reboot but still get the same error. I rebooted, logged on as the local administrator, removed the domain account, disjoined the domain, rebooted rejoined the domain, rebooted
    logged on as the domain user and redirection fails with the same error.

How do I fix this?

GordonPhillips, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10

SCCM Local Policy - BITS

Managing BITS policy for clients can be done several ways - just a few listed here:

1. Group Policy template
    2. Local Policy template
    3. registry
    4. and more...

SCCM client settings for BITS uses local policy to enforce the BITS agent settings.

Consider the following scenario:

SCCM client settings contains BITS settings for max throttle, start and stop times, etc...

SCCM Client settings also have the "Limit the maximum network bandwidth for BITS backgrounds transfers" set to "NO" so, effectively no settings that are configured are actually being enforced.

This is working fine. Here's the issue:

If I fun the following command:

GPResult /scope computer /h file.htm

... the output file will show that this local setting is "enabled" and appears it is enforced.

The setting is not enforced but the reporting mechanism thinks it is. I'm considering this a bug. This burned a customer and cost them several hours of troubleshooting where this setting was coming from because they swore that SCCM was not setting it.

nick.aquino, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10

1. Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folder Redirection Group

2. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  3. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  4. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  5. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are trying to apply desktop wallpaper or background using the Local Group […] This article Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy: Is there a reason for Group Policy not applying on a new machine after Windows 10 update 1903 was installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-not-applying-group-policy/9354e93f-a515-439f-aa96-d2989d771872
  8. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  9. See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10: How to: See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10 How to See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the Computer...
  10. Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder redirection causing problems with SCCM