Windows 10: Folder Redirection

Discus and support Folder Redirection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Support I applied Folder Redirection and it works fine But when the user delete the file from the client machine, it also deleted from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbrarJamal, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Folder Redirection

Dear Support

I applied Folder Redirection and it works fine

But when the user delete the file from the client machine, it also deleted from the server

I need to keep all the delete file on the server even if the user deleted from the client machine

Waiting for your reply

Regards

:)

AbrarJamal, Jan 27, 2019

2. Folder Redirection Causes Explorer.exe to become Unresponsive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the File Explorer freezes while redirecting the folder. Thank you for the detail information and the troubleshooting steps provided in the post.

Please check the below article if helpful for the file explorer freeze issue.

Application & System Crashes with Folder Redirection

Folder Redirection - explorer.exe and iexplore.exe crashing

Disclaimer: The ‘Reset Internet Explorer Settings’ feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The ‘Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings’ feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Disclaimer: A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

However, we would suggest you to check with our Technet forum team because this issue occurs with a good number of end users who are connected to a domain network and the file server have Windows server 2016. I would suggest you
    to post your query in TechNet forums,
    where we have the engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for issues related to server and domain network

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Folder Redirection

Hi,

We are planning to Implement Folder Redirection for all the AD Users. Currently all the AD User are having Home Folder mapped to their AD Profiles redirected to a File Server.

My question is, if we create a Folder Redirection policy for Documents what will happen to existing Home Folder and will the Home Folder data will be redirected to Folder Redirection or Only User Profile Documents will be redirected.

Bit confused. Please help!!!

Soumitro Chakraborty, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Folder Redirection

Paths to profile folders subject to folder redirection

Sayan, thanks for your reply, but what you state is only true if the profile folders Pictures, Documents, etc, have not been redirected out of the profile folder.

In a user profile with folder redirection of these folders, the %USERPROFILE% folder does NOT contain folders / junctions for the redirected folders on a Win10 system. (Win7 systems DO have junctions in the %USERPROFILE% folder for these redirected folders.)

NotMultipleChoice, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Folder Redirection

1. Folder Redirection - Similar Threads - Folder Redirection

2. I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...: I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Videos folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore the folders to previous versions. I also...
  3. I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...: I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Videos folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore the folders to previous versions. I also...
  4. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  5. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  6. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder: Hi, Windows 10 and 11 users are receiving "cannot upload file, this file contains system files" error when attempting to upload Excel CSV files to Microsoft NAV. Files are located in their My Documents folder, which is being redirected to a 2016 Windows server using an...
  7. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder: Hi, Windows 10 and 11 users are receiving "cannot upload file, this file contains system files" error when attempting to upload Excel CSV files to Microsoft NAV. Files are located in their My Documents folder, which is being redirected to a 2016 Windows server using an...
  8. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

9. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  10. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...