Windows 10: Folder refresh issues

Discus and support Folder refresh issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for quite a long time now, so any suggestions welcome. Actions that I perform in folders are not visible until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CaptObvious, May 16, 2018.

1. Folder refresh issues

I have been having this issue for quite a long time now, so any suggestions welcome.

Actions that I perform in folders are not visible until I refresh the folder.

Let's say I am downloading a file, I click "new folder", nothing happens, I then have to hit F5 to refresh the current folder to see the one I just created.
    I then have to refresh manually to see the file I just downloaded.

Same issue with thumbnails, I have to continuously refresh in order to get them to display, they seem to be getting re-generated every time as they display very slowly.

I was also having an issue with thumbnails simply not showing, but I recen

I have already done the following.
    performed a chkdsk to fix any errors
    done sfc/scannow
    done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

:)

CaptObvious, May 16, 2018

2. I want refresh my folders , local disk but i can not . what is problem ?

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

• Are you trying to refreshing the folder by right-clicking on it or something else?

• What is the exact issue are you facing?

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 16, 2018
  3. Refreshing issues with folders

Hello everyone,

As we all know that windows 10 has already been a hot cake in market. Even I have also upgraded to Windows 10 pro from windows 8.1. But I am facing a typical a buggy issue in my pc with this OS version that has made me quite frustrated. I am using Dell laptop
    model Inspiron3521. Yes, it supports windows 10 as I checked from website. But what happens is quite irritating. Whenever I try to open my drive where my media items like songs and videos are stored, the videos folder doesn't refreshes completely and the green
    bar keeps on running about continously in the THIS PC task bar. When I try to come back to desktop and again click on This PC icon, then nothing is being displayed no drives and no folders and even system folders also. A message appears "Working on it " and
    keeps on refreshing itself, till I restart my pc again. Again after restarting if by mistakenly again I tried to open the same folder, again the same process continues.

This problem doesn't arises when I am using windows 8.1. Kindly help me. I have formatted my machine 5 times but still facing the same problem. So I am fed up and that's why reverted back to windows 8.1, deprived from using windows 10. Please it's a request
    if anyone can help me to solve this problem.

JoydeepMondal91, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Folder refresh issues

1. Folder refresh issues - Similar Threads - Folder refresh issues

2. Refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh rate issue: Hello.I recently purchased a Samsung Q60C tv. this is a 60hz screen. I hooked it up to my pc like my last tv second screen. But im not able to get better fps than 30.When the PC is disconnected, i can put the game mode on on the tv and it goes to 50 automatically, when i plug...
  3. Refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate issue: Hello.I recently purchased a Samsung Q60C tv. this is a 60hz screen. I hooked it up to my pc like my last tv second screen. But im not able to get better fps than 30.When the PC is disconnected, i can put the game mode on on the tv and it goes to 50 automatically, when i plug...
  4. Explorer Refresh Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer Refresh Issues: The last few days I've been having issues with Explorer not refreshing automatically when copying/pasting/deleting files from folders. I have to manually Ctrl+R in order for the files to appear or disappear. I've also encountered a problem where Explorer crashes if I drag a...
  5. Icon refresh issue ?

Icon refresh issue ?: so after i refresh my screen i have an icon that auto rearranges itself any fixes for this ? submitted by /u/tommyhoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jav92w/icon_refresh_issue/
  6. Is there a documented issue of folders not refreshing properly?

Is there a documented issue of folders not refreshing properly?: In the last six months ago or so something as simple as removing one file from the downloads folder hasn't been updated, the file is still shown until reloading (F5 or closing and opening again). submitted by /u/Ieuanveto [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows folders not refreshing automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows folders not refreshing automatically: I have an issue on my new laptop with Windows 10 -- the folders have stopped refreshing automatically. I have to manually hit refresh or F5 when I create a new folder on the desktop before I can see it. I have to refresh folders to see new files that I have copied into them....
  8. Folders will not refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders will not refresh: Since upgrading from 1809 to 1903 my folders will no longer automatically refresh. I know this has been a recurring problem all the way back to Windows 7 but the solution for earlier versions no longer holds true. (you know the old registry key...
  9. Icon refresh issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon refresh issues: Hi, We are using Win 10 , 1803 First Problem on my laptop and when I ever I delete file/shortcut on destop or any folder , the change is not reflecting, icon of file still remain there and if I click it says file not found, its same even when I copy paste file on...
  10. refreshing issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    refreshing issues: after refreshing my pc ( windows 10 ) the computer won't respond,I have only a black screen and the pointer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/refreshing-issues/33850230-737a-451d-9ad6-3edab6601212