Windows 10: Folder rename prompt closes automatically.

Discus and support Folder rename prompt closes automatically. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm using a custom built desktop with Windows 10 Pro. I'm having issues when I rename a folder. It closes the rename prompt on its own in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windows10eh, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Folder rename prompt closes automatically.

Hi all,

I'm using a custom built desktop with Windows 10 Pro. I'm having issues when I rename a folder. It closes the rename prompt on its own in about 2-3 seconds after I've clicked rename. How do I fix this? Also this may not be related but a folder with a lot of images 50+ keeps refreshing on its own and takes me to the 1st picture in the folder every five seconds and hence I can't scroll down using mouse since it refreshes and takes me to the top. Anyone else facing these issues?

Specs:
    Intel i7 - 4790K @ 4.00GHz
    16GB Ram
    64 Bit OS
    nVidia GTX 760

:)

windows10eh, Nov 1, 2015

2. Instability of Surface after Update

I recently updated my Surface 4 and it hs become unstable. I cannot rename files as each time i right click on a document or folder, the Main Folder Automatically Closes.

How do i resolve this?

WaleAjibade, Nov 1, 2015
  3. iambelle Win User
    Mahjong error code.

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

Uninstall the Mahjong App from Setting > Apps > Apps & Feature

Rename Software Distribution folder:

Go to command prompt and run it as admin, then type this command and hit enter:

net stop wuauserv

Click the Start Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".

Right-click on the folder, select Rename and type "SoftwareDistribution.old" or "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.

Go back to command prompt and type this command and hit enter:

net start wuauserv

Now close the command prompt

Reset Microsoft Store

press windows key + R, then type in the run box: wsreset

Now, download and install the game again.

iambelle, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Folder rename prompt closes automatically.

1. Folder rename prompt closes automatically. - Similar Threads - Folder rename prompt

2. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself: this is a critical response when I open Command Prompt and Powershell it automatically closes itself i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-command-prompt-and-powershell-automatically/28fb053f-83f0-4ece-bd6c-72786901d264
  3. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself: this is a critical response when I open Command Prompt and Powershell it automatically closes itself i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-command-prompt-and-powershell-automatically/28fb053f-83f0-4ece-bd6c-72786901d264
  4. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Automatically closing folders opend

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically closing folders opend: After i start my laptop, after some time lap is closing my opened folders, videos and everything automatically. And my keyboard also doesnt work at that time. Can you help me....
  6. "rename" command in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "rename" command in Command Prompt: Never thought I'd have another DOS question, but ... never say never, I guess. So I have a folder with sub-folders named with the dates of all the weekdays in April, in the format 2019-04-xx_. I want to change the names to May, i.e. replace "04" with "05". I opened a...
  7. renaming folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  8. Issue renaming User Folder Using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue renaming User Folder Using Command Prompt: Hello, I recently had to get my computer fitted with a new hard drive after the old one crashed. I had a new one installed and got most of my files back, however one small difference was that my User folder in C:\Users was simply "User", as opposed to my first name as I had...
  9. Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?: I was fumbling around inside a third party file explorer, and accidentally prompted the rename of the Users folder. I managed to avoid renaming it, but what would have happened if I had? Assuming you are running as administrator, does renaming the following folders prompt...
  10. automatically close out the command prompt window

in Windows 10 Support
    automatically close out the command prompt window: Hello, I managed to create an Elevated cmd thing for my HideDropbox.bat file and got it to run at startup. It works fine, but it doesn't automatically close out the command prompt window when it's done applying the changes. Is there a way to make it do so. And if not, is...