Windows 10: Folder security after 1903 update...

Discus and support Folder security after 1903 update... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The Windows 10 v.1809 had been updated to v.1903. The system has two physical drives, one for Windows (C), the other is for data (E). After the v.1903... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cr00zng, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Folder security after 1903 update...

The Windows 10 v.1809 had been updated to v.1903. The system has two physical drives, one for Windows (C), the other is for data (E).

After the v.1903 update, everything seemed normal, standard user accounts had no issues with accessing the "E" drive and the folders on this drive.

On the other hand, a member of the Administrators group logs in and gets an access denied error message to a single folder, where most of the data resides, no issues with accessing other folders on the "E" drive.

Without changing the security settings for folder in question, logged out the admin and logged in with the standard user account. Looking at the security of the folder in question shows, that the standard user account is the owner of the folder and the administrators group has full access to folder, including the admin account that logged in previously.

The drive imaged by Reflect on a daily basis and it is backed up (verified), including the the folder in question.

Since the security settings show correctly the desired access, how would you go about restoring the correct security settings, for the admin account loging?

Yes, the admin account could take ownership of the folder in question, but that's not the goal. The standard user account should stay the owner of the folder.

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Sep 9, 2019

2. Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Sep 9, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    [Updated]AMD/ATi 2D Clock Guide

Ever since Catalyst 11.6, AMD has changed things around somewhat since the previous guide with the HD 5XXX series. Here's the updated guide on how to set your 2D clocks where you want them. Please let me know if anything can be made clearer in this guide. Enjoy!

[heading]Step 1[/heading]
    • Open AMD Vision Control Center (Advanced View).
    • Presets.
    • Add Preset.
    Folder security after 1903 update... clocks1.jpg

[heading]Step 2[/heading]
    • Enter a profile name in the field.
    • Tick "Save" then close. Do not activate the profile yet.
    Folder security after 1903 update... clocks2.jpg

[heading]Step 3[/heading]
    • Now you will need to make sure you can view hidden folders on your system by going to the Control
    Panel-->Folder Options-->View tab and select "Show hidden files, folders and drives." Close.

• Go to your "My Documents" folder and open the AppData folder. From there open the Local folder->ATi->ACE then right click the Profiles document (Not the folder yet) and tick edit.
    • Highlight everything and tick Copy. Close.
    • Now open the Profiles folder then right click and tick edit on the profile (that you named earlier). Delete the entries in there, then paste in what you copied just earlier.
    Folder security after 1903 update... clocks3.jpg

Folder security after 1903 update... clocks4.jpg

• From there you change the two values below. As I indicate in the picture I'm using CrossFire so I have two entries to change. Input the 2D clocks you want, then Save.
    • Save it then right click the CCC icon and activate your profile

Folder security after 1903 update... clocks5.jpg

Folder security after 1903 update... clocks6.jpg

erocker, Sep 9, 2019
  4. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Folder security after 1903 update... - Similar Threads - Folder security 1903

2. After last security update on v. 1903, F11 doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After last security update on v. 1903, F11 doesn't work anymore: It's not my browser. It does something similar on FF and Chrome. On FF, it closes the menu bar and bookmarks toolbar, but not the tabs or address bar. In Chrome, it closes everything but the bookmarks bar. I've done safe mode in both, and it still does the same thing. Please...
  3. No sound after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating to 1903: So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail. Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and...
  4. Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?: I've just finished updating to 1903 from 1809. However, there are 2 folders that I see left over from the update named "Windows10Upgrade" and "$WINDOWS.~TMP" . Is it now safe to delete these folders?...
  5. Printing issues pre-1903 after security update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing issues pre-1903 after security update: Hi, We rolled out the 'CVE-2019-1367' security update last night and have had multiple reports of users being unable to print on Windows versions pre-1903. We are unable to roll the update back due to security concerns and are hesitant to run a feature update as the only...
  6. New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update: Cannot, using Rt Clk menu on Desktop (or a Folder0 to get create a New Folder, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-folders-from-desktop-after-1903-update/d6bb3483-c5d3-4e39-8a06-cb2357bb863b"
  7. BSOD after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 1903 update: Hi, I've updated my PC to 1903 Update 2 days back and i am getting BSOD after using my pc for a while it restarts itself again. This is happening every time i use my PC . I've looked for this problem on Microsoft's website and after some digging i found an article for the...
  8. No wifi after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wifi after 1903 update: 1)I downloaded the1903 update on wifi. 2) No wifi now, no usb phone connection, only cable connection. 3) Did undo update, the update is rolled back, but still no wifi ! 4) Did reset network, and tried to reinstall manufacturer drivers, error message no wifi card found !...
  9. Will not Activate after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will not Activate after 1903 update: I updated to 1903 a couple of days ago and afterward my activation was revoked. I was unable to find my old serial number so I purchased the Win 10 Pro from the Windows website and it seemed to activate with that CD Key until the next day it again was saying that my software...
  10. After 1903 Update keep getting Windows Security IT ERROR message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After 1903 Update keep getting Windows Security IT ERROR message: Did the 1903 undate but sometimes, especially after a scan - I get this error message. WHY and how do I fix it?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1903-update-keep-getting-windows-security-it/c896c249-9cb9-4a49-82c8-034de5270485"