Windows 10: Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

Discus and support Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Am trying to uninstall printer driver software in Windows 10, but get a message that I need permission from SYSTEM. I tried to change the security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephHull2, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

Am trying to uninstall printer driver software in Windows 10, but get a message that I need permission from SYSTEM. I tried to change the security properties in the referenced folder, but all the edit options are greyed out. Thoughts?

:)

JosephHull2, Jul 8, 2020
  2. ROSKIM Win User

Night Light option greyed out

The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this.

ROSKIM, Jul 8, 2020
  3. in file folder view options for changing the view are greyed out

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to change the view options in File Explorer as it’s greyed out.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build (1903/1909) installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to refer this article and check:
    Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 8, 2020
  4. KPalmer73 Win User

Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

option to 'Encrypt contents to secure data' is greyed out.

Hi - I need to encrypt my laptop and also enable encryption on some folders due to some work I am doing for a client to comply with GDPR, but the option to 'Encrypt contents to secure data' is greyed out. I recently purchased the laptop with Windows 10.
    Can anyone help?

KPalmer73, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

1. Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Folder Security Edit

2. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  3. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  4. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  5. speech option greyed out.

speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  6. Settings folder greyed out in Start folder options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings folder greyed out in Start folder options: As per the title, the settings option is not displayed on the Start menu I can still access it from the Task Bar and the Start options shows the option as greyed out.Any idea what's wrong?...
  7. Settings folder greyed out in Start folder options

Settings folder greyed out in Start folder options: As per the title, the settings option is not displayed on the Start menu I can still access it from the Task Bar and the Start options shows the option as greyed out.Any idea what's wrong?...
  8. Settings folder greyed out in Start folder options

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Sites in Security Tab of Internet Options Greyed out/not editable: I'm unable to edit the 'security tab' of Internet Options. I wish to add trusted sites but the options are all greyed out. I'm administrator and the sole account on my personal laptop so I don't understand why this happening. I have bitdefender Anti-virus on my laptop but...
  10. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce