Windows 10: Folder settings not saving

Discus and support Folder settings not saving in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am using Win 10 Pro 1909 64 bit I set FFlags=43200000 for a Folder. This turns off all sorting and grouping. I can go to the folder and move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NorbertGP, Feb 1, 2020.

1. NorbertGP Win User

Folder settings not saving

Hi I am using Win 10 Pro 1909 64 bit

I set FFlags=43200000 for a Folder. This turns off all sorting and grouping. I can go to the folder and move icons to different positions. When I exit and return to folder none of the changes are saved. All my NoSaveSettings in Explorer are zero.

Here is what folder looks like in Win 7

Folder settings not saving 0bb630ad-a8dd-414d-a31d-81d4895314d2?upload=true.jpg

And now New and Improved Win 10 1909 ?????

Folder settings not saving 1f1b58cb-a283-4cb7-b479-d717a9bb7618?upload=true.jpg

As you can see I moved ZoneAlarm but it was saved when I reopened the folder

:)

NorbertGP, Feb 1, 2020

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Feb 1, 2020
  4. djkiller Win User

blacksite:area51 save folder?

you can find save file on : C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Midway for further assistance for working game properly mail at L: sanyrules@yahoo.co.in or call 9324559954

djkiller, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Folder settings not saving - Similar Threads - Folder settings saving

2. saving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving folders: Hello.I am using movavi vidoe converter .I have several folders/places for saving videos.By mistake i do not choose the latest saving folder so two converted videos i am not sure where are saved!.Is it possible via win 11 to find them?The path?VIa activity?Some how?...
  3. saving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving folders: Hello.I am using movavi vidoe converter .I have several folders/places for saving videos.By mistake i do not choose the latest saving folder so two converted videos i am not sure where are saved!.Is it possible via win 11 to find them?The path?VIa activity?Some how?...
  4. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  5. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  6. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  7. Save the settings in File Explorer's Folder Options dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Save the settings in File Explorer's Folder Options dialog: I couldn't get anything like the above proposed solution to work for the settings in File Explorer's "Folder Options" dialog. But this works: NOTE: As always, when messing with the registry, it is wise to back up (export) any keys that you will be changing prior to doing so!...
  8. Firefox settings not being saved - AppData folder is read only

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox settings not being saved - AppData folder is read only: I have to admit that I am struggling with Windows 10. I prefer Win XP, I'm used to Windows 7 but I'm stuck with Windows 10. At the age of 75 change does not go down too well. For weeks I've been having trouble with Firefox not saving settings, losing it's history, ignoring...
  9. Settings not saved

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Settings not saved: In NVIDIA Control Panel, when I select my settings and click apply every things is OK. The next time I reboot they change. Why are they not being saved? 35460
  10. View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..)

in Windows 10 Support
    View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..): Hi everyone, I've made the switch to Windows 10 for about a week or so now. So far almost everything is working just as I wanted, except some sorting annoyances with File Explorer. For unknown reasons, file sort settings for special folders like Desktop, Documents,...