Windows 10: Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

Discus and support Folder Sharing Authentication Failure in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarlFoerster, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update. Recovery to pre-update did not resolve.All are using local accounts, although at one time may have also had Microsoft accountsNo school or work policies involved.C can be pinged from both A and B.Suspect that Windows Hello might be a factor, but the setting for turning it off is never visible, "For improved security, only

:)

CarlFoerster, Mar 19, 2024
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 - Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

1. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure - Similar Threads - Folder Sharing Authentication

2. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  3. Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer: Hi, I have several Windows 11 22H2 computers that are joined to an Azure AD domain cloud-only, not hybrid. One of the computers, which I'll call Server, has a shared folder. Another computer, Client1, can access that shared folder \\Server\Shared with no problems. But a third...
  4. Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authentication problem connecting to shared folder on Azure AD-joined computer: Hi, I have several Windows 11 22H2 computers that are joined to an Azure AD domain cloud-only, not hybrid. One of the computers, which I'll call Server, has a shared folder. Another computer, Client1, can access that shared folder \\Server\Shared with no problems. But a third...
  5. OneDrive Share Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Share Failure: I tried to send a file via email to my son from my OneDrive Personal account. I got the "Link sent" popup, but he never received the email. Any thoughts?I'm not sure if this is Windows 11 issue, but I did not see a category for OneDrive....
  6. file sharing failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file sharing failure: I got a question why is it so that my file share gets corrupted if i can say it like that what i mean is one day it is working 100% then another day it doesnt i share files between two desktops and everything is setup so it can share now every now and then it doesnt allow me...
  7. Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authentication Failure: Hi, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1903. I have a single local administrator account. I have no problem login in to Windows on the computer itself. But if i try to connect using remote desktop or connect to a shared drive, authentication for the same user always...
  8. server authentication failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    server authentication failure: supposedly the authentication method used (or currently selected ?) in windows for my VPN setup does not align (communicate ?) with the server Im trying to connect to (work server). However, the same exact setup works on my surface pro, but not on my laptop. Windows 10 on...
  9. High Authentication Failures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High Authentication Failures: Hi Team, I am observing huge authentication failures(4625, 4776) on my domain controllers. Authentication failures are coming from the local account in the workstations. Multiple machines are trying to authenticate to DC using this local account and obviously as the local...
  10. Mystery Notification of authentication failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Notification of authentication failure: Whenever I am on my PC (WIN10) I get periodic popup notifications of a login error due to authentication failure. I am not in Gmail nor have I given permission for any Apps to log in. But I still keep getting authentication failure messages from Gmail or some other agent -- a...