Windows 10: Folder sharing

Discus and support Folder sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to set up a network for the first time. My intention was to share public folders but when I right click on my user folders (e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Camera, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Camera Win User

Folder sharing

Trying to set up a network for the first time. My intention was to share public folders but when I right click on my user folders (e.g. PC\Users\Dave\Documents they are shown as "Shared" and clicking on "Stop sharing" doesn't seem to do anything.
    Am I missing something?

Dave

:)

Camera, Dec 29, 2015

2. share folder

we have share pc so i want to make share folder so i can share with other

sulemanshah1, Dec 29, 2015
  3. MihaiVlad Win User
    Folder Share

Hi, i have 2 computers connected to the same lan network, from yesterday i cannot acces the shared folder on the PC1 , the message is :

"you can't acces this shared folder because your organisation's security policies block unauthenticated guest acces. These policies help protect your PC from unsafe or malicious devices on the network "

What's the problem ?

Thanks

MihaiVlad, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Folder sharing

Stop sharing - Users connected to a shared folder are disconnected when you stop sharing it. but you did not share it, so it do nothing.

Whatphoeb, Dec 29, 2015
  5. Camera Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

How do I change my user folders so that when I look in "Properties - Sharing" it will show as "Not shared" rather than "Shared" ?

Dave

Camera, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Camera Win User
    Finally worked it out. Had to go into "Computer Management" - "Shared Folders" - "Shares" then right click the user folder and turn sharing off.

Dave

Camera, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Folder sharing

1. Folder sharing - Similar Threads - Folder sharing

2. Windows 10/11 Shared Folders Not Recognising Credentials, a Solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Shared Folders Not Recognising Credentials, a Solution.: So changing computer names for discussion purposes I bought a NewDesktop running Windows 11 and tried to setup file sharing with my OldDesktop and OldLaptop.Despite walking through all the file sharing guides I could find, setting up shared folders with full read/write access...
  3. Windows 10/11 Shared Folders Not Recognising Credentials, a Solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Shared Folders Not Recognising Credentials, a Solution.: So changing computer names for discussion purposes I bought a NewDesktop running Windows 11 and tried to setup file sharing with my OldDesktop and OldLaptop.Despite walking through all the file sharing guides I could find, setting up shared folders with full read/write access...
  4. Can't Delete Folder from Network Shared Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Delete Folder from Network Shared Drive: It says preparing to delete then doesn't do anything. I can read and copy to this drive. why can't I delete a folder on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-folder-from-network-shared-drive/cc58cd07-47d1-4185-b56d-5d91f5dee629
  5. Can't Delete Folder from Network Shared Drive

Can't Delete Folder from Network Shared Drive: It says preparing to delete then doesn't do anything. I can read and copy to this drive. why can't I delete a folder on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-folder-from-network-shared-drive/cc58cd07-47d1-4185-b56d-5d91f5dee629
  6. Can't Delete Folder from Network Shared Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I'm having trouble accessing a shared folder on file explorer from a new device, but can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm having trouble accessing a shared folder on file explorer from a new device, but can...: "I am trying to support someone with a data migration from one device to another device. On the old laptop there is a shared folder on file explorer that we can access. It allows us to view the files and edit them etc. However, when we use the new laptop to access the same...
  8. I'm having trouble accessing a shared folder on file explorer from a new device, but can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble accessing a shared folder on file explorer from a new device, but can...: "I am trying to support someone with a data migration from one device to another device. On the old laptop there is a shared folder on file explorer that we can access. It allows us to view the files and edit them etc. However, when we use the new laptop to access the same...
  9. I'm having trouble accessing a shared folder on file explorer from a new device, but can...

10. Folder Sharing between Windows 10/11 not working

Folder Sharing between Windows 10/11 not working: I'm sharing a folder on my Windows 10 PC, providing Full Access to Everyone on my network. From my Windows 11 PC, I can access the shared folder and two sub-folders deeper, but when I get to the third and last sub-folder, I receive this error message:Any ideas on what's...