Windows 10: Folder size bigger than its Disk Space

Discus and support Folder size bigger than its Disk Space in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am facing an interesting issue wherein the size of a Drive is 300 GB. But the folder inside it which contains all data is showing a 405 GB. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EKAMBARAM-B, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Folder size bigger than its Disk Space

Hi,I am facing an interesting issue wherein the size of a Drive is 300 GB. But the folder inside it which contains all data is showing a 405 GB. Not sure where the extra 100 GB has come from . I am finding this issue on a VM I had created and using . The Drive actually holds backup data which is being scheduled at the Application level. Do let me know how we can get this issue fixed. Tried Defragmentation and chkdsk option. But nothing turned out to fix.

:)

EKAMBARAM-B, Apr 14, 2022

2. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Apr 14, 2022
  3. droopyRO Win User
    Disk space.

On a hard drive there are 180GB/500GB used but when i select all the folders/files(with hidden folders) they amount to 67GB. I disabled hybernate, system restore, manual set size for swap file. Run chkdsk , defragmented the drive. What else could eat about 100GB of disk space ?
    Thank you.

Folder size bigger than its Disk Space IA0tTqo.jpg

droopyRO, Apr 14, 2022
  4. Folder size bigger than its Disk Space

how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Folder size bigger than its Disk Space

1. Folder size bigger than its Disk Space - Similar Threads - Folder size bigger

2. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  3. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  4. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Folder size bigger than its Disk Space

Folder size bigger than its Disk Space: Hi,I am facing an interesting issue wherein the size of a Drive is 300 GB. But the folder inside it which contains all data is showing a 405 GB. Not sure where the extra 100 GB has come from . I am finding this issue on a VM I had created and using . The Drive actually holds...
  6. Windows.old size bigger than reported at disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old size bigger than reported at disk cleanup: Windows.old as reported in disk cleanupAs reported in explorer.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsold-size-bigger-than-reported-at-disk/d16714e8-7d90-43aa-8136-1b011e0a3cc9
  7. Windows.old size bigger than reported at disk cleanup

Windows.old size bigger than reported at disk cleanup: Windows.old as reported in disk cleanupAs reported in explorer.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsold-size-bigger-than-reported-at-disk/d16714e8-7d90-43aa-8136-1b011e0a3cc9
  8. Used disc space is bigger then size of all files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Used disc space is bigger then size of all files.: In the screenshot I see that these files are allocated for twice the size estimated as the actual file. If this is true: "A file that is 4098 bytes is 2 bytes larger than a file allocation unit so it will require two file allocation units which means that it will take up...
  9. Size of folders isn't the same as size taken up in disk space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size of folders isn't the same as size taken up in disk space.: I just got a new laptop a few weeks ago, and most of the storage is already taken up. Also, the size of the folders isn't even close to the amount of space shown in the drive. I only have 5GB left and in some cases have to use other devices to complete my work. If anyone has...
  10. Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk: My 32GB Windows 10 Home PC (recently upgraded from 8.1) is low on disk space. I deleted Windows.old and I have hibernation disabled. Apart from a few browsers, very little else is installed, yet I only have 11.7GB left? One reason may be the size of the Windows folder:...