Windows 10: Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

Discus and support Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think you need to click on the Security tab and have a look there. The security tab might show you where your issue is at. I would suspect that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by barnmother, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

I think you need to click on the Security tab and have a look there. The security tab might show you where your issue is at. I would suspect that "everyone" is inheriting rights based on the security tab of that folder. Specifically the users group on the local server might be the culprit if all users are a member of that group. Anyway, that is where I would start. Hope this helps...

play2mefish, Oct 22, 2016
  2. Neemobeer Win User

Yeah post the Security tab as well, those are the NTFS permissions

Neemobeer, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Here is the security tab

Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users [​IMG]

barnmother, Oct 22, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

Look in services.msc and make sure the Server service is enabled and running.

Neemobeer, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Services seems to be running.

Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users [​IMG]

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  6. Still hoping that one of you has a resolution to my issue here. I am still stumped!

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  7. OK, from the security tab, click on the advanced button. Check the permissions on that screen and look at the inherited from column. This might give you a clue as to what is happening.

play2mefish, Oct 23, 2016
  8. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

what am I looking for? There inherited from says NONE.

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  9. Well, that is a good thing. What about group policies? I remember you saying this is part of a domain...could a group policy be handing out folder rights?

10. Where would I locate group policies. Yes this is part of a domain.

I have to say that this all worked fine until I had to replace my computer. This is the only file folder that I haven't been able to share, but all the others are shared with "everyone".

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  11. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users [​IMG]

Guess I should of rephrased that, I know where group policies is, but which one specifically am I looking at/for.

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  12. That I don't know. Without being on site...I'm at a loss. Who configured the server and the group policies? I would contact them and see if they can help.

13. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

I did and they have always worked previously. No issues until we added this new computer.

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  14. I have even tried creating a new folder and dropping in a text document and trying to share it with one unique individual. It still doesn't work. Doesn't seem to matter which single network user I select. That tells me it has to be something regarding the computer the shared file is sitting on.

barnmother, Oct 23, 2016
  15. It sure looks like you have everything done right. I don't know the solution but, if you ever find it, be sure to let all of us know.

Thema:

Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

1. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users - Similar Threads - Folder Specific user

2. Personal Folders Not Showing Up in User's Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Folders Not Showing Up in User's Files: When I click on the User's File icon on my desktop, it opens up, but some of the personal folders are missing. They are present in the quick access menu on the left. They are also present in C:\Users\[user name]\. It's only when I open the User's File icon on the desktop that...
  3. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  4. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  5. main user not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    main user not showing in Users folder: I messed things up and did a re-install of Windows 11 to get folders back to the correct places. Before I had Desktop in several place,s one within the prinmary Desktop folder.After the re-install, under Users I have - Default, Desktop and Public. My main User is Frank which...
  6. main user not showing in Users folder

main user not showing in Users folder: I messed things up and did a re-install of Windows 11 to get folders back to the correct places. Before I had Desktop in several place,s one within the prinmary Desktop folder.After the re-install, under Users I have - Default, Desktop and Public. My main User is Frank which...
  7. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name is not showing in Users folder: Hi, my name is Manish Kumar recently I reset my pc and made some changes but after this, I realized that my user name "manis" is not showing in the Users folder. > Also, my Appdata folder is showing in the Desktop directory and when I make the hidden tick on the explorer it...
  8. Missing folders not showing up under "User" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folders not showing up under "User" folder: First time questions. . Running Win 10 Pro on my desktop computer. Two questions? In "System Information" my system name is DESKTOP and the User Name is DESKTOP\Desktop. I picked the System Named as DESKTOP because I have a laptop and a desktop computer. My laptop shows...
  9. User not showing up on User list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User not showing up on User list.: Hey, Recently my account got deleted from user list but every time i restart my PC i get the login screen to my account which was deleted from user list. Since i don't know the password, I tried using cmd.exe (admin) to change my password there with another account by doing...
  10. Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users

Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users: Hey guys, I am interested in setting up some company-wide commands to remove a lot of the built-in crap from Windows 10. Employees don't need to be using the Xbox app, and we don't need Get Office, Get Skype etc as we already have those installed using the administrator...