Windows 10: Folder structure of Onedrive lost

Discus and support Folder structure of Onedrive lost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andreas Raithel, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

Hy,

since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost.

All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path.

How to correct this, as I don't what happend?

kr Andreas

:)

Andreas Raithel, Feb 17, 2021

2. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Feb 17, 2021
  3. MesPia Win User
    Confused about Windows folder structure

I'm hoping someone can help clear my confusion about the Windows 10 folder structure. I will take the "Documents" folder as an example.

1. There is a Documents folder under OneDrive, which I assume is the Cloud copy of documents.
    2. There is a Documents folder under This PC, which I had thought was the on-disk copy of documents.
    3. But then I discovered a Documents folder under "This PC>OS (CFolder structure of Onedrive lost :)>Users>user_name, which appears to be the real on-disk folder, but it was empty.
    So what is "This PC>Documents"?

MesPia, Feb 17, 2021
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Folder structure of Onedrive lost

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Folder structure of Onedrive lost

1. Folder structure of Onedrive lost - Similar Threads - Folder structure Onedrive

2. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  3. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  4. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure: Hi.I am trying to sort out my OneDrive sign in. I can't sign in and get the error message "The was a problem signing you in. Please try again in a few minutes." Somehow I have a couple of OneDrive folders, the actual OneDrive folder with 44GB worth of data and a folder inside...
  6. How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...

How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...: I would like to reinstall my desktop computer, so I downloaded the windows 10 Media Creation Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and then selected my 1TB portable hard drive 1TB Seagate BUP SLim Backup SCSI Disk Device to save it when it asked...
  7. 2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install: A warning: I have two onedrive accounts (school / personal) and just did a clean install of 2004. One persistent bug that annoys me to no end is that during the initial setup on the onedrive login I choose 'skp / keep files locally' but it never does. It starts anyways and...
  8. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive: Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete for more so. The...
  9. Folder structure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder structure: Hi I would like my folder structure to have the list view but show thumbnails for files within those folders. In the 'folder options' I can only set either picture view or list view. How can I achieve list view AND show thumbs? I have realised I can set this manunally...
  10. How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Undo "ESD-USB" And Recover the lost folder structure and the lost files in the...: I would like to reinstall my desktop computer, so I downloaded the windows 10 Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and then selected my 1TB portable hard drive (1TB Seagate BUP SLim Backup SCSI Disk Device) to save it when it...