Windows 10: folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Discus and support folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardSartori, Mar 21, 2019.

1. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

:)

HowardSartori, Mar 21, 2019

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Mar 21, 2019
  3. GrrrrrRHK Win User
    1 PC, 2 PC Users, Each with Own Onedrive Accounts

I have found that Windows 10 out of the box will point each user to the same local Onedrive folder structure.

I expected each user to have their own Onedrive folder structure.

Can I get each user pointed to their own, separate Onedrive folder structure.

Although not required, it would be nice to be able to move or copy selected files from either onedrive to the other for each user.

GrrrrrRHK, Mar 21, 2019
  4. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Adding OneDrive tile to start menu for all users

Hi Mark,

You can add s OneDrive tile to the start menu for all users but it is going to be one by one step. For us to do that, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • At the top bar, type %appdata%.
    • Click on Microsoft folder.
    • Click on Windows folder.
    • Click on Start menu folder.
    • Click on Programs folder.
    • Right-click on OneDrive, and select Copy.
    • On the left pane, click on This PC.
    • Click on Local disk C.
    • Click on Users folder.
    • You'll see all the user accounts and Paste the OneDrive on each user folder.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

1. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive - Similar Threads - folder structure users

2. Onedrive related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive related: Can anybody tell me if I download a file from onedrive link which is created by another one and when I download it opened in my onedrive account and it shared a copy with you in onedrive.So when I delete it from my one drive account permanently can the user see my name in...
  3. Onedrive related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive related: Can anybody tell me if I download a file from onedrive link which is created by another one and when I download it opened in my onedrive account and it shared a copy with you in onedrive.So when I delete it from my one drive account permanently can the user see my name in...
  4. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  5. Regarding OneDrive folder in user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding OneDrive folder in user: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc yet their is a folder in user. I tried deleting it and that made me lost all of my data in my Docs and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and what ever it...
  6. Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure

Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure: Hi.I am trying to sort out my OneDrive sign in. I can't sign in and get the error message "The was a problem signing you in. Please try again in a few minutes." Somehow I have a couple of OneDrive folders, the actual OneDrive folder with 44GB worth of data and a folder inside...
  7. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

Folder structure of Onedrive lost: Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path. How to correct this, as I don't what happend? kr Andreas...
  8. 2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 and OneDrive folder structure corruption on clean install: A warning: I have two onedrive accounts (school / personal) and just did a clean install of 2004. One persistent bug that annoys me to no end is that during the initial setup on the onedrive login I choose 'skp / keep files locally' but it never does. It starts anyways and...
  9. OneDrive and user file folders

OneDrive and user file folders: In Windows 10, I put my user file folders My Documents, My Music, etc. into my OneDrive folder. But this seemed to confuse the OneDrive app, as well as Windows. I guess I should have known better than do do this with system folders, rather than just those system folders’...
  10. Folder structure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder structure: Hi I would like my folder structure to have the list view but show thumbnails for files within those folders. In the 'folder options' I can only set either picture view or list view. How can I achieve list view AND show thumbs? I have realised I can set this manunally...