Windows 10: Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

Discus and support Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smf333, Mar 18, 2023.

1. smf333 Win User

Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf images to make finding the right pictures more easily.However, I'm finding that for no apparent reason, the folders will automatically revert back to double-page images!!I've tried clearing the cache and everything suggested in the other sections here, but my problem keeps returning and it's driving me mad. Sometimes one o

:)

smf333, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Thumbnails error for Images

Hi Myra,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Have you tried disabling the "Always show icon, never thumbnail" in
      "Folder and search options", to a different folder and check if the same thing happens?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you enable and then disable the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images! - Similar Threads - Folder thumbnails keep

2. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!: Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf...
  3. Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder thumbnails keep reverting to double page images!: Hi There,I was wondering if there was a way to stop my folders from reverting back to double-leaf images in Windows 10. I have one particular folder that has several hundred other picture and movie folders within it that I have painstakingly created to show large single-leaf...
  4. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  5. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  6. Folder or image Thumbnails

Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  7. Getting a double image on some pages.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting a double image on some pages.: I'm getting like a double image on some pages . I will attach a pic of what it looks like on my Facebook notifications. I can't find anything that works to get rid of it. Need help Thanks...
  8. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  9. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  10. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?: Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files. Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails? 66021