Windows 10: Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete

Discus and support Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using my laptop and suddenly a folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop. It contains another folder called “logs,” and within logs there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ktart, Jul 23, 2021.

1. ktart Win User

Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete

I was using my laptop and suddenly a folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop. It contains another folder called “logs,” and within logs there are 2 text documents that are just a line of gibberish. Not knowing what the file was, I tried deleting it from the desktop only for it to say that the folder is in use, so it is unable to be deleted. Then I decided to try deleting the “logs” folder only for the same warning to appear. Going into logs, I tried deleting the two text files separately. One file was able to be deleted while the second one seems to be the one the system thinks is runni

:)

ktart, Jul 23, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Folder titled “connect” appeared on my desktop a few minutes ago, cannot delete - Similar Threads - Folder titled “connect”

2. I have deleted Foxit reader from my computer few months ago, and it has appeared in my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have deleted Foxit reader from my computer few months ago, and it has appeared in my...: I have deleted foxit reader from my computer after system gave me some warnings about it. I believed that I succsesfully deleted everything however I have gotten the same warning from windows again and when I controlled documents in my computer Foxit reader has appeared again...
  3. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  4. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  5. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete this folder on desktop !: Hello, This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete this folder from my desktop but it is not deleting by any means at all. I have tried various methods to solve this problem...
  7. Wi-Fi connectivity issues appearing a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi connectivity issues appearing a few minutes after startup: I accidentally uninstalled my audio driver yesterday and I rolled back to fix it because installing it gave my microphone very poor quality. The audio issue was fixed but now after a few minutes of starting up my PC, it cannot connect to the internet. It shows that I’m...
  8. cannot delete a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete a desktop folder: i have a folder sitting on my desktop for a long time and I simply cannot delete it every time i try to delete it i get a message Item not found cannot find item Try again or cancel I have just rebuilt the laptop and its still there Winver 1803 145590
  9. Addition to my issue stated a few minutes ago

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Addition to my issue stated a few minutes ago: Forgot to clarify that it happens when I turn my PC on after being turned off during the night. Then I corrected the idle part where it no longer asks me for my password, I do not want to have to enter the password to one of my mail accounts, I want to be able to use the one...
  10. folder on desktop cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    folder on desktop cannot be deleted: On my desktop there is a folder, I want to delete. I am able to rename that folder (for instance Away), but I am not able to delete it since the folder contains another folder, named shellext. Everything I try to do (administrator account) with the shellext folder results...