Windows 10: folder titles

Discus and support folder titles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I revert a folder number list to folder file names? Download of folder files just appeared as a numbers list vs the folder names.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joisephine, Jun 3, 2019.

1. folder titles

How can I revert a folder number list to folder file names? Download of folder files just appeared as a numbers list vs the folder names.

:)

Joisephine, Jun 3, 2019

2. omit "the" from folder titles

Hello, I have a music folder with about 800 folders and was wondering is there a way to list the folders alphabetically and have the folders with "the" in the title be listed by the second word. What i'm trying to say is for instance, The Rolling Stones
    would appear alphabetically with the R's and not the T's.

thanks

mick

MickMeyers, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Claypool Win User
    change the displayed title of folders?

Is it possible to change the displayed title of folders, which have been pinned to the Quick Access list to something other than that of the folder-name itself? IOW, change it to a title of my choosing.

I do realize I could simply change the folder-name itself, but that's less than ideal under this system's circumstances since this it has specific folders backed up daily, and they occasionally need to be restored, which would overwrite this change each time a backup was applied.

Claypool, Jun 3, 2019
  4. enso Win User

folder titles

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

folder titles

1. folder titles - Similar Threads - folder titles

2. How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...: HelloHow to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-modify-properties-title-description-url-etc/1c1e7ec7-8dc8-4e2e-b37b-e93d7cdd37bc
  3. How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...: HelloHow to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-modify-properties-title-description-url-etc/1c1e7ec7-8dc8-4e2e-b37b-e93d7cdd37bc
  4. How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Only Files names are been shown in Downloads folder,information like name, status in title...

Only Files names are been shown in Downloads folder,information like name, status in title...: Only Files names are been shown in Downloads folder, information like name, status in title are not shown. folders like pictures, docx are showing all information. plz suggest solution to get back info in download folder.Download:-Pictures:-...
  6. How can I quickly create multiple titled text files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I quickly create multiple titled text files in a folder?: I'm taking an online course that is organized in a very long list of sections. Each section contains often also a very long list of lectures. I have been copying each section title as a folder name from the File Explorer, but then continuing from there the creation of the...
  7. How can I quickly create multiple titled text files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I quickly create multiple titled text files in a folder?: I'm taking an online course that is organized in a very long list of sections. Each section contains often also a very long list of lectures. I have been copying each section title as a folder name from the File Explorer, but then continuing from there the creation of the...
  8. How can I quickly create multiple titled text files in a folder?

9. omitting articles a,an,the in sorting from artists and titles in music folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    omitting articles a,an,the in sorting from artists and titles in music folders: Is there any ability to have Explorer omit English articles - "a," "an," or "the" - when sorting by title or artist? I use multiple Android music players which will do this, and I wondered if Windows 11 was media-aware in the same way.I'm not talking about folders; I know...
  10. omitting articles a,an,the in sorting from artists and titles in music folders

omitting articles a,an,the in sorting from artists and titles in music folders: Is there any ability to have Explorer omit English articles - "a," "an," or "the" - when sorting by title or artist? I use multiple Android music players which will do this, and I wondered if Windows 11 was media-aware in the same way.I'm not talking about folders; I know...