Windows 10: Folder Tree

Discus and support Folder Tree in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sussertown, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Folder Tree

I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong.

:)

sussertown, Jul 28, 2022

2. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 28, 2022
  3. Anyone Know of a Folder Tree Program?

I'm looking for software that displays the folder tree of a specific folder in Windows. Something like the Folder Pane in File Explorer but just slightly different. Linux seems to have software similar to what I want.**Customization.** I personally want to display the folder tree of my User folder but being able to specify a specific folder would be great. I also want to be able to modify the tree so that certain folder branches are open and other folder branches are closed.**Move Files Around.** I want to be able to move files from one folder to another. For example, if I have a file saved on my Desktop, I can just drag and drop it into a folder in the folder tree.**Why Window's Folder Pane is Insufficient.** Some people may suggest to just use the Folder Pane in Windows File Explorer. The Folder Pane is almost perfect but it can only starts from the C: drive and it includes all the other drives and junk. You also can't get rid of the main section on the right which shows the contents of the folder that is selected.If anyone could recommend a software that does this, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

Examples of Folder Trees in Linux.

Folder Tree [​IMG]

Folder Tree [​IMG]

Folder Tree [​IMG]

CerebralFreeze, Jul 28, 2022
  4. Folder Tree

how to view sub folder

So you do not want to see a folder but a folder tree. I am not aware of a ready-made solution but can offer these suggestions:

• Use the method shown here. It requires you to type a command in File Explorer,
      then generates a text file showing the complete tree for the current folder.
    • Expand on the above method by modifying the registry so that you get a "Tree" item in the right-click context menu of the folder.
    • Use a search engine to locate pages that contain the keywords Windows folder tree.

Frederik Long, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Folder Tree

1. Folder Tree - Similar Threads - Folder Tree

2. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  3. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  4. Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder

Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder: When I open a folder, the Folder pane reverts to showing the list of drives. But the folder might be 6 layers down.How can I force Win11 always to show the full folder tree in the panel, from the moment of rebooting?There is a cack handed way to do this by scrolling down to...
  5. Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder: When I open a folder, the Folder pane reverts to showing the list of drives. But the folder might be 6 layers down.How can I force Win11 always to show the full folder tree in the panel, from the moment of rebooting?There is a cack handed way to do this by scrolling down to...
  6. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: I deal with many discs, folders and programs simultaneously, so need to be able to see at a glance which and where I am in these diverse structures.1. It is not possible to see the full directory name in the title of the folder2. It is not possible to see the position of the...
  7. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: I deal with many discs, folders and programs simultaneously, so need to be able to see at a glance which and where I am in these diverse structures.1. It is not possible to see the full directory name in the title of the folder2. It is not possible to see the position of the...
  8. Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?: Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-checking-for-broken-shortcuts/e4c577a7-2aea-4043-a814-d2eb94a8006a
  9. Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?

Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?: Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-checking-for-broken-shortcuts/e4c577a7-2aea-4043-a814-d2eb94a8006a
  10. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...