Windows 10: folder type

Discus and support folder type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In One Drive,are these files offline and when I go online,are the One Drive files ONLY ONLINE?Why is there a One Drive file on "MY PC"?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NATALIA1040, Apr 4, 2019.

1. folder type

In One Drive,are these files offline and when I go online,are the One Drive files ONLY ONLINE?Why is there a One Drive file on "MY PC"? folder type f9da9deb-7767-4b28-9c4d-5ed322aa0410?upload=true.png

:)

NATALIA1040, Apr 4, 2019

2. automatic optimization of folder type

Hi Mati,

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue happening on the same folder or different folders?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

1. Press CTL + ALT + DEL keys.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. In the Processes tab, right click on Windows Explorer.

4. Click on End Task.

5. In the Task manager, click on File.

6. Click on Run new task.

7. Type “explorer.exe” without quotes and press Enter.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 4, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2019
  4. enso Win User

folder type

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

folder type

1. folder type - Similar Threads - folder type

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  3. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  4. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  6. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  7. How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11: I want to completely remove the "Music" Folder type in Explorer. Totally.It feels like this model is giving me nightmares since windows exist and in its different versions. :- I display folders depending on its content and customise them to my needs. Fplder properties >...
  8. How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11

How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11: I want to completely remove the "Music" Folder type in Explorer. Totally.It feels like this model is giving me nightmares since windows exist and in its different versions. :- I display folders depending on its content and customise them to my needs. Fplder properties >...
  9. How can I apply the "Group by" "Type" setting to all files within all folders in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I apply the "Group by" "Type" setting to all files within all folders in Windows 11?: Hi all.Kindly guide me on how can I apply the "Group by" "Type" setting to all files within all folders in Windows 11.Thanking you in advance....
  10. How can I apply the "Group by" "Type" setting to all files within all folders in Windows 11?

How can I apply the "Group by" "Type" setting to all files within all folders in Windows 11?: Hi all.Kindly guide me on how can I apply the "Group by" "Type" setting to all files within all folders in Windows 11.Thanking you in advance....