Windows 10: Folder undeletable regardless of all methods used mentioned elsewhere

Discus and support Folder undeletable regardless of all methods used mentioned elsewhere in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a folder on the desktop which won't delete The folder has a subfolder and within it yet another subfolder This 3d folder has a long name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mpager5, Dec 23, 2018.

1. mpager5 Win User

Folder undeletable regardless of all methods used mentioned elsewhere

There is a folder on the desktop which won't delete
    The folder has a subfolder and within it yet another subfolder
    This 3d folder has a long name ending in 3 dots "..."
    Deleting any of these folders is not possible.
    Renaming the 1st and 2nd was possible. Renaming the 3d long-name folder was not possible. since it ends in 3 dos I was 1st prompted with are you sure you want to change the extension? I said yes but then it would not rename nor delete.
    What Windows always says of this 3d folder is: "Could not find this item..."
    OR "location not available...."
    All the steps below were used:
    -1- Selected file and hit F5 didn't work
    -2- FileAssassin didn't work (does files not folders: windows thinks folder is file due to the 3 dots but same error message pops up
    -3- 3d party tools Unlocker and LockHunter didn't work (Said they couldn't do it so would do it on reboot and yet after reboot they prompted that the files were deleted yet they were still there)
    -4-Take Ownership and delete didn't work
    -5-Take Ownership, then Unlocker and LockHunter delete didn't work (used separately and together)
    -6- Command prompt didn't work ("Are you sure you want to delete this file?" YES, --> acts as if it did so but file is still there)
    -7- Administrator command mode didn't work
    -8- Reboot safe mode didn't work

:)

mpager5, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Wiiiindy Win User

Windows 10 View All Pictures by Date Regardless of Folder

Huh? Can someone give step-by-step for achieving this. That is exactly what I thought I couldn't do (after much trial and error): show all pictures one huge listing regardless of folder or subfolder. Don't care how they are sorted.

Wiiiindy, Dec 23, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

Folder undeletable regardless of all methods used mentioned elsewhere [​IMG]

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Folder undeletable regardless of all methods used mentioned elsewhere :)

Frogger, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder undeletable regardless of all methods used mentioned elsewhere - Similar Threads - Folder undeletable regardless

2. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  3. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  4. Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  5. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  6. Undeleted folder!

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeleted folder!: Probably after a chkdsk, a folder has been created in C. It has subfolders (50) and files (85). It's not matter of size, it's only 620KB. I just don't want it to exist! It can be renamed (- resist to delete -), cut, moved (not to a USB) but it can't be deleted. I can't...
  7. Undeletable folders in C:\, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable folders in C:\, please help: I'm facing this problem: I made a clean re-installation of Windows and everything has gone smoothly so far. I even renamed user accounts and also the user names, as well as the name of the PC that was given by Windows. I have a directory (with sub-directories) in C:\ which...
  8. A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found: for clearance, I am running windows 10s and I cant run command prompt. I also don't want to disable 10s as it keeps my battery alive and I don't get viruses. im looking for a way to delete this undeletable folder without using commandprompt or any other software windows...
  9. The Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    The Undeletable Folder: Hi there. Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted. Things I've tried so far: Select folder, press delete key Right click folder, select delete option Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it...
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...