Windows 10: Folder view always reverts to 'details'

Discus and support Folder view always reverts to 'details' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details. Is this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomStrong, Aug 21, 2015.

1. TomStrong Win User

Folder view always reverts to 'details'

I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details.

Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this?

And either way is there a master setting somewhere (like default programs) where I can change this?

:)

TomStrong, Aug 21, 2015

2. Anyone else seeing text justification issues in File Explorer on Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Thanks
    Enric,
    sounds like it's just me then. The patch worked as you describe and did fix the stupid left-justify problem. The folder view changed to Detail view and I could change it to another view but if I closed Windows Explorer
    and re-opened it, the view would revert to Detail view every time. No matter how much a played around with the Folder View settings, it always reverted to Detail view.

It would also not sort or auto-arrange. If I copied files into a folder, I'd have to manually auto-arrange to get them all to appear in the window and a manual sort to get them in the correct order.

-::- Tony -::-, Aug 21, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 fonts in control panel not show all the fonts

Hi polatbachir

At the top right of that folder is a small image icon with an arrow beside it, click that and from the drop down, choose Large Icons as the view

At the top left, click 'Organise' - Layout - Details Pane

That should revert that folder to its default view . . .

DaveM121, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Folder view always reverts to 'details' - Similar Threads - Folder view always

2. Explorer always shows details by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer always shows details by default: Is it just me or someone else thinks that detail view is really outdated and now is just annoying. Any folder that you access, by default has lots of screen space occupied with 'unnecessary' details, forcing you to scroll down and seek further to find what you're looking...
  3. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  4. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  5. Network Map Detailed view

Network Map Detailed view: I set up a network when I used Windows 7, which has been inherited when I upgraded to Windows 10. It consists of: my PC, printer (wireless), WDTV, Sonos music thing and two routers. The second router simply extends my wireless cover. In Windows 7, I could display a network...
  6. Glitch? My folders default to the "details" view everytime.

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitch? My folders default to the "details" view everytime.: So I go to my Music folder & want to view my files in the "list" view options. I leave, but & when I go back to my Music folder, it's back to the "detail" view option. This happens every time! I select the "list" or the "icon" view arrange option & it ALWAYS resets to the...
  7. folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only: When I have to write to a sub-folder in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) and regardless if I turn off Read-Only attribute for the folder, the folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only toggled on within a Standard Account even though I'm prompt for the Admin...
  8. Wrong icons showing in Details view

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icons showing in Details view: I'm seeing incorrect icons displayed under Windows 10 for certain executable files when viewed in Windows 10 Explorer in Details view. If I change the folder view to Thumbnails, the correct icon is shown, but if I switch back to Details view they're still displayed...
  9. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Set DefaultFolder view to Details: I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed. 70218
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344