Windows 10: Folder view always reverts to 'details'

Discus and support Folder view always reverts to 'details' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details. Is this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomStrong, Aug 21, 2015.

1. TomStrong Win User

Folder view always reverts to 'details'

I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details.

Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this?

And either way is there a master setting somewhere (like default programs) where I can change this?

:)

TomStrong, Aug 21, 2015

2. Anyone else seeing text justification issues in File Explorer on Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Thanks
    Enric,
    sounds like it's just me then. The patch worked as you describe and did fix the stupid left-justify problem. The folder view changed to Detail view and I could change it to another view but if I closed Windows Explorer
    and re-opened it, the view would revert to Detail view every time. No matter how much a played around with the Folder View settings, it always reverted to Detail view.

It would also not sort or auto-arrange. If I copied files into a folder, I'd have to manually auto-arrange to get them all to appear in the window and a manual sort to get them in the correct order.

-::- Tony -::-, Aug 21, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 fonts in control panel not show all the fonts

Hi polatbachir

At the top right of that folder is a small image icon with an arrow beside it, click that and from the drop down, choose Large Icons as the view

At the top left, click 'Organise' - Layout - Details Pane

That should revert that folder to its default view . . .

DaveM121, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Folder view always reverts to 'details' - Similar Threads - Folder view always

2. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  3. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  4. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  6. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  7. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  8. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  9. possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    possible to show folder SIZE in details view?: Feels crazy that this doesn't happen automatically, but it doesn't seem to in ANY version of windows. When I look at the details view, the size column is empty for folders. Of course if I right click the folder and choose "properties", a dialog box will show me the total of...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344