Windows 10: Folder View menu, how to change

Discus and support Folder View menu, how to change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 10 when I go to the View in File Explorer I sometimes see the Show/Hide menu as a list if checkboxes in the menu, and sometime it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndyH1, Jan 12, 2017.

1. AndyH1 Win User

Folder View menu, how to change

In Windows 10 when I go to the View in File Explorer I sometimes see the Show/Hide menu as a list if checkboxes in the menu, and sometime it seems to change to a drop down. I dont really understand how to change this (I prefer the list). Ive tried every option I can see in the File Explorer menu, but at the moment have it as a drop down list, but want to change it back to a set of check boxes in the menu. Can anyone advise how to do this

:)

AndyH1, Jan 12, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu: Folder icons issue

This view on the Start Menu is a reflection of this Folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

If you want to change the view on the Start Menu, you could change the layout of this folder, but be careful not to delete anything you will need in the future . . .

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jan 12, 2017
  3. How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer search results?

In Explorer In a Standard Folder (ie not Music or Pictures) set the view how you want it.

Then from the File Menu choose "Change folder and Search Options". Choose the View tab. This will show as below:

Folder View menu, how to change [​IMG]
    Click
    the "Apply to folders" button and it will use the current settings for all folders; except Music and Pictures.

how to view the Details view always

Paul_Saute, Jan 12, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Does it depend on the width of your file explorer window? Compare the two screenshots below:

philc43, Jan 12, 2017
  5. AndyH1 Win User
    Your'e right, I never realised that! I just couldnt figure it out, but now youve pointed it out it seems clear. thankyou*Biggrin

AndyH1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder View menu, how to change - Similar Threads - Folder View menu

2. folders view changes by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folders view changes by itself.: I have a lot of photos stored on my computer and am trying to set the folders view to large icon so I can view the photos easily. However, much of the time when I go back to the folders they have reverted to list view. I reset the view and the same thing happens. I have tried...
  3. folders view changes by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folders view changes by itself.: I have a lot of photos stored on my computer and am trying to set the folders view to large icon so I can view the photos easily. However, much of the time when I go back to the folders they have reverted to list view. I reset the view and the same thing happens. I have tried...
  4. Change folder view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change folder view options: Hi. I want to permanently change the folder view options but what I want to do isn't available under the "Options" & "View" dialogue box. I would like to have the following columns in all my folders every time I open them: Name - Date Modified - Size - Path. That's all. The...
  5. How to change multi-folder view Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change multi-folder view Windows 10: Hello, I'm having an issue with a personlization option. I was using a program with while running automatically set windows to least pretty to optimize performance. Sadly since then on the task bar when I try to naviage between windows it just lists it like that whereas...
  6. Folder view has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view has changed: Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) My folder view suddenly changed as per the attached. How do I get it back to normal? I went into file explorer>options>reset but nothing changed. 157508
  7. Changing Folder Views To Stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Folder Views To Stick: Often I go to a folder and have to change the View, View>Large Icons. can I make all folders always open to Large Icons?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-views-to-stick/c9ad4a1e-7874-45f7-b8d7-5cf1897c58fe
  8. Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed: Clicking the File Explorer to get to the Quick Access screen, "Recent folders" is in a separate pane at the top and "recent files" is at the bottom. This is how I want my Quick Access folder to look all the time. However, when I go to other folders on my computer and want to...
  9. How to change default Folder View of Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default Folder View of Search Results: Hello, After installing an update a few days ago I am encountering a number of extremely annoying issues I didn't previously have. Whenever I use the Search Box in the File Explorer, it almost always displays the results using the "Content" view. If I switch it to my...
  10. How to change how folder views are displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change how folder views are displayed: When I double click to open a folder I get an extra pane on the right side that is useless to me and takes up real-estate. How to I change the view options to eliminate that extra pane. Attached are 2 images - one showing the extra pane, and the other showing how I'd...