Windows 10: Folder view not saving

Discus and support Folder view not saving in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a screenrecord for your understanding. Sendvid - Instant video upload 18513 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirDarknight, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Folder view not saving

SirDarknight, Aug 22, 2015

2. How can I view Internet documents without saving them to my computer?

It's about the viewing of Emails. Older Windows gave me the option of viewing, saving etc. to emails. This Windows 10 does not give me that option, only gives me: Save, Save as, Cancel. Once I Save as, then I get the option to view it. I don't want
    to save first, I want to view. How do I do this. Having to save in a Folder the later going back to delete that folders items is ridiculous.

ForistJohnson, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Select all check box in list view

Addendum:

I don't know if this will work for the legacy open/save dialog, but in the current implementation, you can add/remove columns from the Detail view of the dialog --- just like a folder. Deselecting all columns but Name gives a close approximation to a List
    View with the checkbox.

Windows saves the view settings for Common Dialogs on a per folder basis. So as you browse folders in the Open/Save dialog, you will have to set the view for those folders you're viewing in the dialog for the first time.

Will someone with legacy programs check this functionality of this in the older dialogs?

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Folder view not saving

Check the Tutorials for 'Folder View', there's a number of different methods for specific items.
    Basically, you're looking to do the following at each location:

Folder view not saving [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Maybe I couldn't explain it properly. I know how to change the view, but it reverses back to the default everytime I change it.

6. Edwin New Member
    Well, in your vid I didn't see you do 'points' 2 thru 6.

Edwin, Aug 22, 2015
  7. I didn't do it bcz I don't want that view on all of my folders. I didn't have to do this on Win 8.1 or earliers.

8. vkaraoke Win User

Folder view not saving

vkaraoke, Aug 22, 2015
  9. No, I don't have any problem with my icons or else.

SirDarknight, Aug 23, 2015
  10. naeco Win User
    Together with vkaraoke's link to another post and my issue, it looks like that MS has a lot of problems with Folder view options.

naeco, Aug 23, 2015
  11. LIO
    Lio Win User
    Still no solution here?

Suddenly yesterday, my new installed Win 10 begun the same thing and no way to fix it.

12. Why in the world is Microsoft letting this slip? I mean, it should be a very simple fix!

SirDarknight, Sep 20, 2015
  13. LIO
    Lio Win User

Folder view not saving

This problem is now well known and you can see here and here.
    There, you can find more link to Eset, Microsoft and Reddit post on this problem.

14. Doesn't matter as long as MS doesn't fix it.

SirDarknight, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Folder view not saving

1. Folder view not saving - Similar Threads - Folder view saving

2. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  3. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  4. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  5. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving at First Attempt: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  6. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders View Settings Are Not Saving: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  7. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not saving my folder view options: Hello forum! First of all I apologize for my bad English. It is a somewhat annoying subject, the problem is the following. The personal User folder, from time to time does not save the configuration of the folder view. I always have it saved so that it shows folders in...
  8. Viewing and Saving Photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing and Saving Photo's: I have Windows 10 on my Desktop PC. I also have a external Hard Drive with many Photo's on there which I wish to open view and save onto another device. On the Hard Drive, the Photo's have a generic file name and an Internet Explorer Logo instead of the Photo. Little Help...
  9. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.: Please, I need help ASAP. I don't know why or when but suddenly Windows became unable to save wherever change I made to a folder. Since Win7 I despise this "new" system in which, if you want to make a folder organize it's elements by Modification Time, you must do it in...
  10. View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..)

in Windows 10 Support
    View settings not saved for special folders (desktop, download..): Hi everyone, I've made the switch to Windows 10 for about a week or so now. So far almost everything is working just as I wanted, except some sorting annoyances with File Explorer. For unknown reasons, file sort settings for special folders like Desktop, Documents,...