Windows 10: Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10

Discus and support Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Its possible to customize one or more folders to a specific file view like "list" or "details" for example? Whenever I close the folder or go back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArmandoCG, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ArmandoCG Win User

Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10

Its possible to customize one or more folders to a specific file view like "list" or "details" for example?
    Whenever I close the folder or go back to the previous folder the default system sets back default view which was adopted by the system or the view that was defined by me for all the folders in: Folder Options -> View -> Apply to Folders.

If someone can help me I would appreciate, thank you.

:)

ArmandoCG, Sep 15, 2015

2. Is there a way to change the default Windows 10 File Explorer layout view, regardless of content type

When using Windows 10 File explorer to open directories, folders and sub-folders, the default layout view changes depending on the file content type in the folders.

Music, Pictures, Videos, application files etc...

The majority of default view is Large Icons. I always have to manually change them to 'Details'

When I manually change the view of a specific folder to 'Details', Windows seems to remember that as a preference because the next time I open that same folder, it retains the last layout view I used.

As I cannot change the layout view manually for each and every folder,

How can I change the default layout view for every existing folder and every newly created folder to open in a 'Details' layout view.

**moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & Personalization.

Chuck_Bytes, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  5. ArmandoCG Win User
    Thank you.

But didn´t solve the issue, because I can change the view to all folders but not to just one specific folder.
    The iscons in the desktop are always aligned on the left side even if you choose the option to do not align and also they always keep de medium size after a restart.

I believe this is a bug that for now desn´t have a fix and a lot of users is complaining about *Sad

Any help is welcome .

ArmandoCG, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Usually, when you close a folder, it'll open the same as it was last closed.

What folder are you trying to set a view for?

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  7. ArmandoCG Win User
    I am aware that the libraries have specific a type of view that cannot be changed.

But in my case in am trying to change the view of an ordinary folder placed in my secondary (local) drive, a folder that i have created in the root of the hard drive, exemple "D:\Pen 32GB".
    Just a simple task as close the window or do a "back" or "upper level" with the arrow option, it goes to the default view again.
    The size and alignment of the desktop icons its also a problem, I believe that they are related to each other, to the same bug perhaps?

ArmandoCG, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  9. ArmandoCG Win User
    I am sorry to open this thread, it seems that a similar problem is already here "Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving "
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ot-saving.html

If you can please erase this thread *Smile
    (But even in the other thread opened 4 weeks ago, the problem is not solved yet *Sad
    Regards.

ArmandoCG, Sep 19, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's fine. It's preferred to create a new thread for your issue. Even though your issue may be similar, it may not be exactly the same. This way your thread can be dedicated to helping with your specific issue.

Was what I posted able to help.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folder View Type

2. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders: Good day dear community,I have the Issue with Windows 10 Pro that sometimes I open up a folder and find that for whatever reason the View had been changed from "large icons" to "details". This issue had been since years and I would love for it to finally to stop doing it on...
  3. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders: Good day dear community,I have the Issue with Windows 10 Pro that sometimes I open up a folder and find that for whatever reason the View had been changed from "large icons" to "details". This issue had been since years and I would love for it to finally to stop doing it on...
  4. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  5. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  6. Change type of view in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change type of view in Notepad: How do I change the type from cascading to something I can actually use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-type-of-view-in-notepad/2d2d0b45-2088-49a2-ad31-cd35b023ec84
  7. Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10 How to Change the Layout View of a Folder in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the Sort by, and layout view of items in your folders to how you like. The view layout of a folder's content can be changed to extra...
  8. Change Group by Folder View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Group by Folder View in Windows 10: How to: Change Group by Folder View in Windows 10 How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of items in your folders to how you like. In addition to sorting, you can also group files by...
  9. Change Sort by View of Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sort by View of Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Sort by View of Folder in Windows 10 How to Change the Sort by View of a Folder in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the layout view of items in your folders to how you like. Sorting options don't change the way your files appear. Instead, they...
  10. Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10: How to: Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10 How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10 While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC...