Windows 10: Folder views not updating across all folders

Discus and support Folder views not updating across all folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I dislike the standard folder views and I find some columns just unnecessary size, for example. I would prefer to see who the author of a given file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Suzi S, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Suzi S Win User

Folder views not updating across all folders

I dislike the standard folder views and I find some columns just unnecessary size, for example.

I would prefer to see who the author of a given file was, so that I know if it is the right thing I'm looking for this is on a work computer, but the information isn't showing if I add in either Author or Owner.

I also would like my layout to replicate across all folder views, but despite updating this feature it doesn't replicate.

1 is there a way, other than Explorer>view>Options>View tab>Apply to all folders that I can get all folders to only have the columns I find useful?

2 how come author / last person to have saved a file data isn't showing on files except the ones I have saved?

I'd really appreciate some help with this as it's driving me to distraction.

I can't add these as feature suggestions in Windows Hub because again, this is a work controlled computer and I don't have admin rights to install the app and besides, if everything else has a UserVoice service, why not Windows??.

:)

Suzi S, Jun 29, 2020

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 29, 2020
  3. TomStrong Win User
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Jun 29, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Folder views not updating across all folders - Similar Threads - Folder views updating

2. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  3. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  4. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view options are applying to ALL folders: So it was my understanding that when you go into view options, and click "Apply to Folders" that it only applies to folders of a that type. For me, it seems to be a blanket setting. Am i misunderstanding how its supposed to function? I go into my videos folder and set...
  6. Same view on all folders not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same view on all folders not working: I've tried to apply my prefered view (List) to all folders, but it doesn't always work. For example, when I want to save or attach, I see more details than List, and change every so often. Is there another way of applying preferences?...
  7. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  8. View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders: In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions? In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view. 60991
  9. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  10. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...