Windows 10: Folder will NOT delete.

Discus and support Folder will NOT delete. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder on my D-drive that for the life of me, I cannot get it to delete. I even went to safe mode and tried to delete it. Here is what I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Nov 14, 2020.

1. huffman Win User

Folder will NOT delete.

I have a folder on my D-drive that for the life of me, I cannot get it to delete.
    I even went to safe mode and tried to delete it.

Here is what I see when try to open the folder:

Folder will NOT delete. [​IMG]

Here is what I see when I try to delete it:

Folder will NOT delete. [​IMG]

Any advice? Than you.

:)

huffman, Nov 14, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder will NOT delete. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder will NOT delete. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 14, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 14, 2020
  4. Folder will NOT delete.

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Nov 14, 2020
Thema:

Folder will NOT delete.

1. Folder will NOT delete. - Similar Threads - Folder delete

2. How to delete "Downloads" folder/link?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete "Downloads" folder/link?: (Sorry for bad grammar) So i wanted to return the "downloads" link to default location https://imgur.com/a/akes8Xq because it was on the dropbox folder and i don't use drop box anymore. Then this happened https://imgur.com/a/AunwSfX i can't delete it or do anything about it....
  3. Unable to delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder: I cannot open the folder, i cannot rename it, i cannot delete it.. Windows believes it does not exist. Yet it does. By accident the folder name has two dots in, windows now believes the folder is a file with a broken extension. However will not let me rename or remove...
  4. Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update deleted all folder in desktop: So today 30/11/2020 to 01/12/2020 after I updated my Windows I checked that all my Desktop folders and shortcuts (except some) were completly gone and wiped of my computer. All the apps are still there. Tried to reverse the update didn't help. Anything more I can do, or all...
  5. windows 10 x64 keep on forcing me to delete desktop short cuts for my files and folders...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 x64 keep on forcing me to delete desktop short cuts for my files and folders...: my tech support case numbered 1013565411 and i am still waiting for ms deveopers and tech teams to create modification settings for me to keep my short cuts of disconnected hdd in my desktop , please if any one got solution or even registry string to add to bypass this issue...
  6. I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it: I don't know if this is the best place to ask but... I've had a problem were I open Discord and it stays on a grey screen, stuck there. I tried uninstalling the folder in AppData but everytime I try, a window pops up and says I can't delete the folder because it's damaged...
  7. Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?

Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?: Hi. This questions really pertains to this one right here -> “Microsoft Community” and here -> “Microsoft community forum”. Now I am just wondering which one of the four folders under AppData are safe to delete? Screenshot is below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Re-installing one-drive I accidentally deleted a portion of my folders under my "User" id.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installing one-drive I accidentally deleted a portion of my folders under my "User" id.: I am finding the files with recovery software, but I am not sure what the files structure should look like. Can you advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-installing-one-drive-i-accidentally-deleted-a/62d33b93-336a-46de-bc8a-11dfebabc6e3
  9. Bluescreen when trying to delete a certain folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen when trying to delete a certain folder: Hi all, I have created an at least for me reproducable bluescreen every time I try to delete a specific folder documents/tmp/<domainname> which contains copies of fieles created by a certbot docker image. Those files have been created with the following command: docker...
  10. How do I delete Sea of Thieves folder from WindowsApps post uninstall of game?

How do I delete Sea of Thieves folder from WindowsApps post uninstall of game?: I have a 54GB+ folder for Sea of Thieves on my C: drive, in a folder called Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.96.2180.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe This folder is in Program Files\WindowsApps. The game was uninstalled weeks ago. I can't delete it. I can't give myself or Administrators...