Windows 10: Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?

Discus and support Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday had the folder "windows.old.000" and now no longer appears, as I can get it back? There are very important folders in "desktop" that I has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by luiscarlosh, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?

Yesterday had the folder "windows.old.000" and now no longer appears, as I can get it back?
    There are very important folders in "desktop" that I has there, please help!!!

:)

luiscarlosh, Oct 13, 2016

2. unable to do Windows update

thats it renaming the windows.old and windows.000 folders and the update worked.

can't believe it was so simple as that.

my question now is can those folders be deleted?

i see also that after the update it has now created another windows.old, can this be deleted?

rampanthorse, Oct 13, 2016
  3. JHashim Win User
    Files deleted from windows old folder

Hi Vinod,

I had Windows Vista. When I installed Windows 8, it transferred my data to a folder called windows.old. After I installed Windows 10, it created another folder called windows.old.000. At that point, I had no idea that my data from there will be deleted automatically
    after a few (30 days what I read in the forums).

As of now, I can find both the windows.old and windows.old.000 folders and subfolders but none of my data/documents are there.

Is there any way I can retrieve that data?

JHashim, Oct 13, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?

You cannot. You only had 30 days to uninstall Windows 10 from an upgrade.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  5. luiscarlosh,

Welcome to the forum!

bro67 is correct.

Upgrading to Windows 10 creates a folder called windows.old.000, and your personal files are temporarily saved to it, but, you only have 30 days to retrieve its files. After that time, the content of Windows.old.000 is automatically deleted.

Bummer!

cottonball, Oct 13, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Cottonball that is why we always beat in that people need to make a backup of their system before any major changes. With the price of a 2TB USB 3.0 Pocket Drive below $70 these days, there is no reason not to have something to keep mirror copies.

I always use Clonezilla to clone hard drives before any major upgrade, so that I can reinstall the copy back on. If I am swapping drives out, I will use something else to allow me to shrink the partition down, since huge drives are no longer needed for the main drive, when you can store all important media and documents on a NAS or pocket drive.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    You can try using some third-party software like EaseUS data recovery, which is free. Be aware that to have a chance at recovering the files you should avoid writing to disk or using other programs, as the files that they create might overwrite the data that you deleted. You should also put EaseUS on a USB drive (from another computer).

Whatphoeb, Oct 13, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

It is going to be too late at this point. Even with Sector by Sector, they will most likely not get much recovered, since the Page File and other temp files would start to use those areas that were previously marked as reserved, but are no longer since the flag bit has been changed to mark those sectors available for storage.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover? - Similar Threads - Folder old 000

2. How to DELETE the Windows.old and Windows.old.000 folder PERMANENTLY ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to DELETE the Windows.old and Windows.old.000 folder PERMANENTLY ?: These two folders are annoying me, I'm unable to delete both of them. Both the folders are taking up too much space on the disk, around 11GB. Whenever, I try to delete them permanently, I get a message that, you don't have the permissions.Please help!!!...
  3. What is FOUND.000 folder? How to recover .CHK files from it in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is FOUND.000 folder? How to recover .CHK files from it in Windows 10: In File Explorer on some volumes, you may see a new folder called FOUND.000 with a file in it using the .CHK extension. In this post, we will explain what this folder is and the file it contains and also make suggestions on how to recover files from the folder in Windows 10....
  4. How to recover deleted documents folder?

How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...
  5. Folder found.000 unable to delete

Folder found.000 unable to delete: Hi MVPs, I am having an issue with deleting found.000 folder. OS is windows 10 pro. There is an invincible .chk file in there cannot be seen anywhere in file explorer In command prompt however, using command dir /a:hd F:\found.000, the file can be seen Tried multiple...
  6. How to recover a deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a deleted folder?: How do I recover a deleted folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-a-deleted-folder/e23e177c-a6d2-47f3-8baa-3a0decbc8bba
  7. recover deleted folder

recover deleted folder: recover deleted folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-folder/0143e0d2-3163-43ee-802f-2731c201c236"
  8. How Delete an Old "Users" Folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Delete an Old "Users" Folders: Hi, I build a PC in 2014 and installed W7 and I changed the user profile folders path in the registry for new users to be created on a drive "E:\Users" different from my small ssd "C:" drive. I have already updated to W10 and I am having some small problems, but I can not...
  9. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...
  10. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.old.000 folder has no user