Windows 10: folder with several files issue

Discus and support folder with several files issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgrading both of my computers to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I see this issue on both machines. when I'm in a folder with lots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by norrix420, Aug 4, 2015.

1. norrix420 Win User

folder with several files issue

I recently upgrading both of my computers to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I see this issue on both machines.

when I'm in a folder with lots of files ( example music folder with 400 songs) and I scroll down through the folder looking at the files, without me doing anything the folder will automatically go back to the top of the folder to the beginning of the files. Even if I only scroll down a little bit after about 5 seconds it will automatically shoot back to the top of the folder.

Another issue I found today I only have about 5 seconds to rename a folder. any longer then that and it will deselect the folder in which I'm trying to rename.

I have been searching for these issues in a lot of different places and have not found an answer yet. Any body see this?

:)

norrix420, Aug 4, 2015

2. issue within a folder with several files

I recently upgrading both of my computers to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I see this issue on both machines.

when I'm in a folder with lots of files ( example music folder with 400 songs) and I scroll down through the folder looking at the files, without me doing anything the folder will automatically go back to
    the top of the folder to the beginning of the files. Even if I only scroll down a little bit after about 5 seconds it will automatically shoot back to the top of the folder.

Another issue I found today I only have about 5 seconds to rename a folder. any longer then that and it will deselect the folder in which I'm trying to rename.

I have been searching for these issues in a lot of different places and have not found an answer yet. Any body see this?

Travis Trainer, Aug 4, 2015
  3. issue within a folder with several files

Hello Travis,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 4, 2015
  4. THEDOC Win User

Hi norrix420, I too recently upgraded to 10 a few days ago and also am having those same issues you are, I see no one has answered your concern yet. That is somewhat concerning. Hopefully posting here will get their attention. Have you resolved n your own yet?

THEDOC, Jan 2, 2016
  5. This honestly sounds like a bug. I experienced this on one of the 10586 insider builds, and it was later fixed. I'd say hang in there, or try updating Windows.

Michaelvas17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. folder with several files issue - Similar Threads - folder several files

2. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  3. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  4. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Several computer issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several computer issues: Hi I'm having several pc issues that I've tried my best to fix but It just doesn't work, I recently have been experiencing lots of blue screen crashes as well as the computer mouse/keyboard freezing up on start up and I will have to repeatedly manually restart it at least 7-8...
  6. Files and folders issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and folders issue: It takes plenty of time to open files and folders and I almost unable to move them because I have to watch a spinning circle and wait, wait, wait, Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-and-folders-issue/fdecd4f2-02e8-462a-a8be-3597fecb3cd2
  7. How to batch copy files between several folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to batch copy files between several folders?: Hi, I have to do a bunch of file copy between different folders and I wanted to know if there's a way to do it in a faster way rather than the "manual way". Basically, I have hundreds of files with certain names (37, 39, 40, 43...) to be copied to some specific dropbox...
  8. Several issues with explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several issues with explorer: Hi, My explorer has suddenly started acting strange. It started today when i booted up my PC after it running out of power the day before. Now, whenever i attempt to open the file explorer from the taskbar, it will take several minutes. If i open a folder through the search...
  9. Several issues corrupt or missing files/Windows10complications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several issues corrupt or missing files/Windows10complications: I seem to have several issues and I am on day 2. I believe one has to do with some window 10 upgrades that happened yesterday and the other to a virus and/or files I deleted to free up space months ago. While I have internet and can ping google through command prompt, I...
  10. Several issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several issues: First issue: I have a Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RCA flash drive, I have been trying to flash it so I can sell it. However it doesn't show up for me to do that. it does show up in device manager. I'm not very computer savvy. Also it was set up to boot from USB. Second...