Windows 10: Folder won't be deleted.

Discus and support Folder won't be deleted. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by youngfreak32, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Folder won't be deleted.

I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in C:\Users\James\Documents. Verify the item's location and try again." Then, when I click try again, it comes up with the same thing.

I have tried running a virus check, restarting my computer, & shutting down my computer then starting it up again to see if it'll work. It doesn't.

Please help, this is starting to drive me up the creek without a paddle.

Cheers, ME.

:)

youngfreak32, Jul 29, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder won't be deleted. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder won't be deleted. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 29, 2018
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

Folder won't be deleted. [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jul 29, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Folder won't be deleted.

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Folder won't be deleted.

1. Folder won't be deleted. - Similar Threads - Folder won't deleted

2. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  3. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  4. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  5. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.

Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.: I'm trying to delete a folder , but it won't allow me, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-delete-a-folder-but-it-wont-allow-me/f4f1a830-6311-4ae3-99a1-34e027f77806
  7. Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.: Hi, so I've seen that this problem has been one for many. I'm trying to install games onto my D: drive with the Xbox App, and it won't let me change the installation folder. All the issues I've seen relate to not being able to delete the folder due to permissions, or renaming...
  8. Windows won't let me delete a folder

Windows won't let me delete a folder: I run VM's on my machine and share folders between the VM and my host Windows 10 laptop. Typically everything runs fine, but when I manipulate folders within the VM/host shared space, sometimes Windows locks up the folder. I say Windows because I have shut down the VMs yet...
  9. deleted folder won't leave my desktop

deleted folder won't leave my desktop: I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I've had no luck. I had a file folder on my desktop that I didn't need anymore, so I deleted it. It was fine until I restarted my pc. Now the folder is back, and trying to delete it doesn't work because it says it is not there....
  10. Folder won't stay deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder won't stay deleted: I have an empty folder on a USB-attached expansion drive that won't stay deleted. I delete it and it disappears. But a few days later it reappears. There are no error messages when I delete it. I never restore the drive or do anything else (that I'm aware of) to recover the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder wont be deleted