Windows 10: Folder won't open on Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Folder won't open on Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my Windows 10 File Explorer I couldn't open one of the folders Scanned Documents, if that matters. Clicking didn't raise an error or anything, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tinmanms, Apr 11, 2021.

1. tinmanms Win User

Folder won't open on Windows 10 File Explorer

In my Windows 10 File Explorer I couldn't open one of the folders Scanned Documents, if that matters. Clicking didn't raise an error or anything, but even right click 'open in a new window' got no response at all. I checked its permissions and properties. After researching here, I rebooted and then ran DISM and then SFC. They finished normally, reporting no errors but the folder still would not open. Nothing worked until I right clicked and pinned the folder to Quick Access. Any idea what was wrong or why Quick Access would solve it?

:)

tinmanms, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Apr 11, 2021
  4. ME_555 Win User

File Explorer STILL not opening

Greetings,

File Explorer has not been opening for at least a month. I have followed Microsoft's given steps in Fix
    File Explorer if it won't open or start
    multiple times with no success. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Matt

ME_555, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Folder won't open on Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Folder won't open

2. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer won't open on screen.: Even though I can see the "File Explorer" Icon on the task bar, I can't view it on my computer screen. I can use the mouse to hover over it, but when I try to click on it. it doesn't expand on the screen....
  3. Files Explorer won't open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer won't open files: So this has been an issue today. I try to open a file in Files explorer, then it just freezes and show my mouse cursor as on blue loading circle. Please help!...
  4. File explorer won't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer won't open any files: Whenever I click a file in file explorer it just gives me an infinite loading cursor I still have alot of space and I have deleted thumbnail cache can anyone help submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments]...
  5. My File Explorer Won't Open

My File Explorer Won't Open: I have been trying to fix this issue for the past few days. When I try to open the file explorer my desktop goes blank and so does my taskbar and then it comes back like a reset. I open the task manager and it says it's running, but I can not see it. Please help me....
  6. Manage won't open in File Explorer

Manage won't open in File Explorer: Since windows update, Manage won't open at the top of the page in File Explorer. What have they done? This is an useful application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-wont-open-in-file-explorer/f7d2c844-3ab1-4faa-92d6-399a61b75aa8"
  7. Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.: I follow these steps to fix my problem Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start and I also tried other fixes that is mentioned in other posts but non is working for me. The last step where it says Run Automatic Repair is only step left. Can someone tell me why its not...
  8. File Explorer won't load folders.

File Explorer won't load folders.: Since yesterday the File Explorer on Windows 10 doesn't the folders at all and when it does it it is REALLY slow. I restarted my computer and sometimes the issue was solved but then it came back....
  9. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders: I have 2 Windows 10 pc's, Windows 1709 ( OS Build 16299.125,both up to date. One of them has just developed a problem with File Explorer being very slow opening folders after the first one has been opened. If I open Documents, on the first try, it opens immediately, but...
  10. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs