Windows 10: Folders and app window resizing issues in Windows 10

Discus and support Folders and app window resizing issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need a solution to keep my application windows the same size and position or a way to reset them to default. I'm really OCD about folder/app window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zxeuk, Nov 3, 2020.

1. /u/zxeuk Win User

Folders and app window resizing issues in Windows 10

I need a solution to keep my application windows the same size and position or a way to reset them to default. I'm really OCD about folder/app window sizes and their position on the desktop. But every so often they'll get oddly resized and moved across some corner or space ion the screen.
    An example would be the classic changing a video game resolution to something lower than you native monitor resolution then exiting or tabbing to desktop and your windows have changed size. That said this is an expected outcome which can be avoided in general but not changing said resolution - unless it's a very old game which launches first time at like e.g 1024x768. But a non issue.

However I've noticed resizing can happen in many other instances for example if I'm logged into one user account and then switch to another user (keeping the other logged on), then switching back again my open app windows all resize (this doesn't always happen every time but on occasion). So I then have to go and resize them all again which is a nightmare. Sometimes I just reinstall the app gain so it's back to default size.

How do you manage your app windows and desktop folders f you like them in a very specific size/position?

is there a way to reset all windows to default size?

Thanks

submitted by /u/zxeuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zxeuk, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Nov 3, 2020
  4. stoggs1 Win User

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Hey guys, ok I have an issue I have just spent the last two hours trying to figure out. Basically I am trying to copy and paste inside a specific windows 10 app folder under program files, but everytime i try do so windows states you need permission to perform this action even though I am the administrator and I have changed the advanced security options to allow me to modify windows 10 app folders under the advanced settings.

In all of my google searching I havent found any solution so far so if anyone here knows to how to do this I would greatly appreciate it and thank you.

stoggs1, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Folders and app window resizing issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Folders app window

2. In a Windows app, Folder pan resize does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In a Windows app, Folder pan resize does not work: I use a non-Microsoft software, but it is possibly an OS level bug. The app has several pans. Resizing works well on other pans, but not on one that is a hierarchic folder explorer like pan widget. It does not allow to rezine width. 2-arrow-split mouse icon appears but as...
  3. In a Windows app, Folder pan resize does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In a Windows app, Folder pan resize does not work: I use a non-Microsoft software, but it is possibly an OS level bug. The app has several pans. Resizing works well on other pans, but not on one that is a hierarchic folder explorer like pan widget. It does not allow to rezine width. 2-arrow-split mouse icon appears but as...
  4. Precise resizing of app windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precise resizing of app windows: Hi, I experience a rather strange behaviour of resized windows that they sometimes get added twice the size that I indicate with the mouse. Let's say that I drag a window edge by 100 px and it changes the window width by 200 px, instead of 100. I don't know if it's a bug or...
  5. Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10: This question has been asked many times, but the answers are contradictory, and I don't know if something has changed since they were posted a few years ago. Can we use the Photos app in Windows 10 to resize photos? Or has the function been disabled? I have version...
  6. Resizing App Windows

Resizing App Windows: Is there any way that I can resize an app window so that the whole window shows on my screen? Some of my apps open in a window that is larger in hight than my computer screen, and there is no way that I can move the window so that I can see the bottom part of it....
  7. Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10

Cannot Resize Folders in File Explorer Windows 10: I unfortunately bought a new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 Pro. The size of the folders in File Explorer are nothing like the size they were on my old Windows 10 Home Version laptop. Actually the View Large icons are the same size as the View Extra Large Icons. HP support...
  8. Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from...
  9. Folders, and only folders, windows will not resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders, and only folders, windows will not resize: When I open any desktop folder and try to resize it to a smaller size it goes to a small unusable size. From this size one can maximize or minimize the window but can not resize it. It also goes into a loop and when I close the window, my desktop and system tray icons...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer - Folder Preview Resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer - Folder Preview Resize: First post, hi. I downloaded Windows 10 on release and despite its flaws, I actually like it. I am finding an issue with Explorer though. I've noticed that the preview image icon for folders doesn't resize itself to fit within the folder preview section, so if the image...