Windows 10: Folders and Subfolders

Discus and support Folders and Subfolders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kyapam, Jun 12, 2021.

1. kyapam Win User

Folders and Subfolders

Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that possible? If so, how do I do that? Thanks Pam

:)

kyapam, Jun 12, 2021

2. How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

Hi Denzil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Click on the Hub option on top right of the screen.
    • Select the subfolder that you want to move.
    • Drag the subfolder & drop on the folder.

Check if it helps

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 12, 2021
  3. heniv Win User
    Why does Windows 10 exit to parent folder up on dragging a file to a network folder?

Your list is correct Shawn,

The open 'subfolder' will step back into 'folder', with 'subfolder' selected in the list.

This behaivour does not apply to local folders.

Server is a regular Windows 7 PC.

heniv, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Lu_Q Win User

Folders and Subfolders

Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've followed that step, but no go 4 me.

The emails in the Inbox and Sent Items are synced well, but emails in the subfolders* not.

*subfolders: in the Inbox, I create a folder which is used to receive emails following certain rules.

Thema:

Folders and Subfolders

1. Folders and Subfolders - Similar Threads - Folders Subfolders

2. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder: Hi all,This problem is baffling me.I have 2 computers with Windows 10 22H2, up to date, not joined to a domain, with the same local account.On both computers, the data drive D:\ shared as D is completely shared on the local network with Everyone having full access.The data...
  3. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder: Hi all,This problem is baffling me.I have 2 computers with Windows 10 22H2, up to date, not joined to a domain, with the same local account.On both computers, the data drive D:\ shared as D is completely shared on the local network with Everyone having full access.The data...
  4. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time: I want a complete path of directories and subdirectories only with no files. For example, my file and path might be:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txtI want:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ mm/dd/yyyy 00:00am/pm...
  6. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time: I want a complete path of directories and subdirectories only with no files. For example, my file and path might be:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txtI want:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ mm/dd/yyyy 00:00am/pm...
  7. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

8. Does Removing Permissions for a Folder Remove Them From All the Subfolders?

Does Removing Permissions for a Folder Remove Them From All the Subfolders?: earlier, I gave my account just called 'User' access to the Tasks folder in System32. within that folder are 3 subfolders and a bunch of files, the files are mostly related to Nvidia and OneDrivemy User account has access permissions to all of these files, and 2/3 of the...
  9. Does Removing Permissions for a Folder Remove Them From All the Subfolders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Removing Permissions for a Folder Remove Them From All the Subfolders?: earlier, I gave my account just called 'User' access to the Tasks folder in System32. within that folder are 3 subfolders and a bunch of files, the files are mostly related to Nvidia and OneDrivemy User account has access permissions to all of these files, and 2/3 of the...
  10. Does Removing Permissions for a Folder Remove Them From All the Subfolders?