Windows 10: Folders and time

Discus and support Folders and time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did something to screw up my folder on my entire hard drive. I click on a folder and it gives me something like this "A long time ago" (11) which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Folders and time

I did something to screw up my folder on my entire hard drive. I click on a folder and it gives me something like this "A long time ago" (11) which means it was a long time ago since I looked at this folder which has 11 sub folders so all I have to do is - Go to View, Go to group by, Pull down the menu and click on (None) which take care of the problem for that folder but I have hundreds of folder so how can I do this for all the folder without going one at a time.

:)

lostsoul65, Apr 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 26, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Folders and time

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Folders and time

1. Folders and time - Similar Threads - Folders

2. Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete: Hi, I just bought Microsoft Surface pro 6 and wanted to do some partition. I was changing location of a few files and at the end of it, I see there are 4 music folders created in my d: and I can not delete, rename and combine them in one. I am not a very technical person. I...
  3. Make "Personal Folder" in Start Menu open "User's Files": possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make "Personal Folder" in Start Menu open "User's Files": possible?: If I ask Windows to display a desktop icon for "User's Files" [img] an icon named "Andrey" will appear on my desktop, which will open a "virtual" folder containing all of my special folders (Documents, Pictures etc.) [img] In reality these folders are located on...
  4. Windows 10 old folder gone

Windows 10 old folder gone: Hello, My windows got updated about 2 years ago, and I noticed a year ago from now that the windows old folder was missing. I understand that it got deleted after 30 days, but is there anyway to get this sorted out? I tried recovering it back then, I remember with...
  5. How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.

How to share a file or folder on Dropbox.: I am trying to share a Dropbox file. I open the dialog box to share, enter the email address and it says Windows cant find this person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-a-file-or-folder-on-dropbox/e160e190-d6ff-479e-99be-3b07baef1c24"
  6. desktop folder deleted due to win update..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop folder deleted due to win update..: Hello. I've got an older computer, and every so often, it does an automatic update, which no longer has the option to turn off. My pc cannot handle the update, so it freezes, I have to reset it, and it restores to the previous version for the next month and a half. So this...
  7. disable/remove permanently personal folders like Music, Film roll etc

in Windows 10 Support
    disable/remove permanently personal folders like Music, Film roll etc: I keep no data on the C:\drive, and my preferences in data organization are different from microsoft but MS keeps recreating the folders like the ones above. Is there a registry fix for their disabling them permanently? 133305
  8. location of temp folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    location of temp folder: I keep being notified by just about everything that my "temp" folder has gone walkabout. Where does it belong? Sam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-temp-folder/9ca1783e-6abd-4fc1-9ab9-48822fdd507c
  9. Protected Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protected Folders: I uninstalled Windows10UpgraderApp.exe . I received a warning app or process blocked. Protected Folder %desktopdirectory% Blocked by Controlled folder access Would it be okay to allow this. I am not very computer savvy. I have just started using windows defender....
  10. SLS folder

SLS folder: What is SLS folder in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\SLS directory for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sls-folder/e0fe2cc6-9c3e-4a6f-bf59-a0ffdc168ba2"