Windows 10: Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop

Discus and support Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Chalk this one up to my usual complaint of “Windows 10 behaves differently every day”. The latest: the folders on my desktop have, for years, appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop

Chalk this one up to my usual complaint of “Windows 10 behaves differently every day”. The latest: the folders on my desktop have, for years, appeared in the Quick Access > Desktop menu, too. Till today. You can even see it in this open dialogue box (it’s like this through Explorer as well):

Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop 3d9c9fff-0027-4336-8923-a82c08c9d87c?upload=true.jpg

For a start, there’s no folder under my name, or under ‘Scanned images’, which are visible on the right-hand corner of the desktop but not in the open dialogue.
    I am viewing ‘All files’.
    Any idea how to get them appearing again (without going through the usual copy-and-paste answers of resetting the system or checking the system health, because there must be a more logical reason that folders no longer appear)?

:)

Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Jun 29, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Desktop/ Quick Access

Hmm another one should be to open the desktop folder, then right-click on "Quick Access" and there should be an option to "pin current location to this list".

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 29, 2019
  4. Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop

Desktop/ Quick Access

Hi Shawn,

Again thanks for your help.

I followed steps 1 and 2 and found all my desktop icons, tried to drag the blue desktop icon down and put it in Quick Access, it dragged down but would not locate in QA. Is there another way to acheive this.

Regards .

DavidWestlake_910, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop

1. Folders appear on desktop but no longer under Quick Access > Desktop - Similar Threads - Folders appear desktop

2. lost the folders that were under quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...
  3. lost the folders that were under quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost the folders that were under quick access: I have lost the folders that were under quick access, all these folders were saved on the desktop. Some folders can be seen but are empty inside, everything else is there its just selected folders those under quick access that are messed up. Please help, very frustrating.P.S:...
  4. All folders under desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All folders under desktop: Hi, all! I messed something up and accidentally pulled the desktop folder. So now all the files are under desktop folder and I also have like 4 desktop folder Is there any way I can fix it? Thank you!....
  5. All folders under desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All folders under desktop: Hi, all! I messed something up and accidentally pulled the desktop folder. So now all the files are under desktop folder and I also have like 4 desktop folder Is there any way I can fix it? Thank you!....
  6. All folders under desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Quick Access Desktop

Quick Access Desktop: Hello, everyone I just reinstalled windows onto my computer and when I click the quick access desktop from file explorer, none of the shortcuts and folders on my desktop show up. How would I fix this. Thanks in advance....
  8. Folder not appearing in quick access anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder not appearing in quick access anymore: NVM request deletion, reverting back to an older image since nothing really changed 178841
  9. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.: Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download folder. Rename the icon you have created. Put it on the desktop. It should appear on both the desktop and in the desktop folder....
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...