Windows 10: Folders are doubled and go to wrong location

Discus and support Folders are doubled and go to wrong location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! [img] As you can see, my files are kinda messed up...they are the incorrect names and go to wrong location. Currently both files go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FolderFreak, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Folders are doubled and go to wrong location

Hello!

Folders are doubled and go to wrong location [​IMG]

As you can see, my files are kinda messed up...they are the incorrect names and go to wrong location.

Currently both files go to my "Documents" location, i am unable to rename them and one thing i have noticed though is that when i go to change one of the files to the "pictures" files location, the other one changes as well...

i am really pulling my hair out over this and it all started when i moved my documents from one drive to another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Folders are doubled and go to wrong location :)

:)

FolderFreak, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Folders are doubled and go to wrong location

Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Folders are doubled and go to wrong location

1. Folders are doubled and go to wrong location - Similar Threads - Folders are doubled

2. Cortana reports wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana reports wrong location: Cortana has wrong address for me and I have been unable to change it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have tried multiple suggestions none have worked. It is very frustrating to told that I am in a location 4000 miles away when in reality I am less than 10....
  3. Timezone resets to wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timezone resets to wrong location: Hi, I have an issue with multiple (5) Windows 10 PCs in an office in Australia (Newcastle) where the timezone changes to Brisbane, (1 hour different). Changing the time zone manually then reverts after reboot. The Maps app sees the PCs being in Brisbane which is I assume...
  4. Location is Always Wrong..

Location is Always Wrong..: Windows 10 is always wrong on my location by 50 miles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-always-wrong/3f35c34c-27f2-407d-b01d-335bda14b354
  5. Double user folders after moving to location on other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Double user folders after moving to location on other drive: On my wife's PC with Windows 10 home most of the location of the user folders such as Documents, Downloads, etc. had to be moved to folders on another drive since the SSD C:\ drive filled up too much. I used the option available in Windows by opening the folder properties...
  6. PC with wrong location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC with wrong location: I have two Dell computers both with Windows 10 running in the same local network. When using “Find my device”, the location for one of the computers is given correctly to a town in Norway. On the other computer, however, the position is given as Balsas, Brazil. The “last...
  7. wrong location

wrong location: once I open my browser its open wrong location and I have changed so many times but after few minutes its back to same as previously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/wrong-location/e7f9044d-b83f-4914-872b-32c978165309
  8. Location Wrong when on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location Wrong when on wifi: I have multiple windows 10 devices at home, all have wifi with different hardware manufactures. While at home in Roswell NM each of them show up as being in Ghent Belgium. With wifi disabled, not just off but either disabled completely or uninstalling the wireless NIC the...
  9. email going to wrong account

in Browsers and Email
    email going to wrong account: My OS is Windows 10. I have been using MS Office Outlook for my email. I've used it for years. A few weeks ago I decided to try gmail so I set up an account. I did not give anyone my gmail address but for some reason I started to get a lot of my email from friends who have my...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...