Windows 10: folders are syncing on same hard drive

Discus and support folders are syncing on same hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two folders on one hard drive. When I alter the contents of one, the contents of the other is altered as well. They are in perfect sync and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArthurEngland1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. folders are syncing on same hard drive

I have two folders on one hard drive. When I alter the contents of one, the contents of the other is altered as well. They are in perfect sync and have different paths. To my knowledge, I have no third party software installed that would cause this and I find no mention of any MS standard software that will cause this to happen. It is an issue because the folder is where I store photos and it is rather large (and duplicated). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ArthurEngland1, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 5, 2019
  4. folders are syncing on same hard drive

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

folders are syncing on same hard drive

1. folders are syncing on same hard drive - Similar Threads - folders are syncing

2. Free software for syncing folders between pc and external hard drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free software for syncing folders between pc and external hard drives?: What's the best freeware that you suggest for syncing files and folders between PC and external hard drives? 183511
  3. Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync options, hard drive space, and folder security: Hi all-I'm new to OneDrive and trying to figure out a way to have a password protected folder for more sensitive files. I understand the Personal Vault option, which I thought was the answer. However, it seems that this folder is required to sync to my computer, and there is...
  4. Syncing folders to an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing folders to an external drive: I want an app that can sync some of my folders on my primary drive into an external drive. I already use Google Drive Sync to make copies on the cloud but I also want something local. I have tried the sync feature on AOMEI Backupper Pro which was exactly what I needed; I was...
  5. Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?

Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?: I would like to create a sync in which, whenever I update files in a folder on my hard drive, it automatically updates the corresponding folder on my OneDrive. I do not want to have to manually move updated files from the hard drive folder to my OneDrive folder, and I don't...
  6. How to sync user data folders with those on an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sync user data folders with those on an external hard drive?: Hi Guys, I have all of my user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos) configured on a separate data partition (D:) to Windows and all of my program files (C:). I also have copies of D: created on a bunch of external hard drives, for security and safety....
  7. Syncing Folders from pc and an external hard drive to onedrive business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Folders from pc and an external hard drive to onedrive business: My PC contains 3 folders that backup to one drive - lets say they are on drive C on the pc. Because I have no more storage available on the pc I use an external drive to hold photos and videos etc - lets say that the external hard drive is drive E. I cannot place the...
  8. Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive

Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive: How can I automatically sync my files and folders between my windows 10 laptop and external drive. Apart from OneDrive, I need to always keep my files and folders in sync between my laptops and external hard drive. I came across SyncToy online but I think it's restricted to...
  9. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123
  10. One Drive Sync Folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Sync Folders.: I noticed in quick access that one drive has folders in documents & pictures folder, but not in video and music folders. In one drive folder I do have pictures and videos in those folders. So why are they not synced in quick access. Henry [img] 72640