Windows 10: Folders containing pdf files not displaying properly.

Discus and support Folders containing pdf files not displaying properly. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! When I have something open and I click on a folder icon, a folder pops up. But folders containing pdf files do not stick, i.e. folder flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KertuYP, Mar 7, 2021.

1. KertuYP Win User

Folders containing pdf files not displaying properly.

Hello! When I have something open and I click on a folder icon, a folder pops up. But folders containing pdf files do not stick, i.e. folder flashes and disappears. Folder icon on windows taskbar shows that this folder is open. But it does not display itself on the screen when I click it. It seems to be a wider problem, many of my acquaintances have problems with it.

:)

KertuYP, Mar 7, 2021
  2. steve108 Win User

What is the Container folder and why is it missing?

They have 5 steps listed? Can you not get the files they mention in step 5? I can't tell if Containers is the name of a Windows file or just an internal reference or what.

steve108, Mar 7, 2021
  3. paulkaye Win User
    Perpetual refreshing - Windows Explorer vs. PDF files?

I'm no expert, but I usually manage to resolve computer problems by searching the web. This time I was completely unsuccessful!
    Whenever a folder that contains a PDF file is open in Windows Explorer, icons in that folder, and programs listed in the taskbar, repeatedly refresh every 1-2 seconds, making the interface unusable. This problem does not occur (1) if Windows Explorer is closed, or (2) if Windows explorer is displaying only folders that do not contain PDF files.
    I had this problem about a month ago, and was able to resolve it by performing a System Restore. But the problem has returned, and I think I need to fix it "properly" this time.
    Here is a video of the screen when Windows Explorer has opened a folder that DOES contain a PDF file.
    Here is a video of the screen when Windows Explorer has opened an otherwise-identical folder that does NOT contain a PDF file.

Windows 10 1803 (build 17134.1304)
    My go-to PDF software is PDF XChange Editor. I have tried uninstalling it, but this did not resolve the issue.
    I also have Foxit PhantomPDF installed.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with this!

paulkaye, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Folders containing pdf files not displaying properly.

Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Folders containing pdf files not displaying properly.

1. Folders containing pdf files not displaying properly. - Similar Threads - Folders containing pdf

2. Move multiple folders that contains specific files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move multiple folders that contains specific files: [ATTACH] Hello everyone. I need help. I am driving crazy with something that may be simple. I have a folder with 5000 movies. See the screenshot: https://preview.redd.it/qtseh9wul0ga1.png?width=1437&format=png&auto=webp&s=bde881bb11363c8d33c320639653b9fc21cd373b I want...
  3. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displaying PDF files: 1/27/23 I am running a Dell XPS system with Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have set up my system so that when I want to display a file from a webpage it gets downloaded instead. I don’t remember how I did this or whether I did it in Windows settings or my Chrome...
  4. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying PDF files: 1/27/23 I am running a Dell XPS system with Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have set up my system so that when I want to display a file from a webpage it gets downloaded instead. I don’t remember how I did this or whether I did it in Windows settings or my Chrome...
  5. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. JPG files not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPG files not displaying properly: I have a problem. I have a large number of photos JPG in multiple folders, both in my hard disk and in Google Drive. I was trying to view them at random. I find that there is an issue in some folders. The thumbnails are displayed clearly when the 'View' is set for...
  7. Folder containing files deleted

Folder containing files deleted: I was moving my desktop folder to another drive and a folder containing important files got deleted. I found the folder was in another folder called $recycle.bin but I do not know how to access it....
  8. PDF Utility to combine many folders of pdf's into a single pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Utility to combine many folders of pdf's into a single pdf file: I am looking for a software that I found several years back but can no longer locate. It was like a PDf 'Multi-tool' and one of its features was the ability to combine multiple folders containing pdf's and create a kind of single-file Pdf "book". This was a multipurpose...
  9. Folder Icons not displaying properly

Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  10. Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Pdf file displayed incompletely by Edge: When opening this link to a pdf-file in Edge, figure 1 is incomplete. When opening the same link in Chrome, it is complete. - Could someone verify on another computer that the figure is incomplete in Edge? - Is it a bug of Edge, or is the pdf-file corrupt? I am surprised...