Windows 10: Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Discus and support Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cut pasted some folderscontaining pdf, photos, videos from my android phone to my laptop. But all of them got corrupted and their size increased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShreejiTiwari, May 27, 2021.

1. Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

I cut pasted some folderscontaining pdf, photos, videos from my android phone to my laptop. But all of them got corrupted and their size increased enormously .I transfered around 16 gb data and it shows "size on disk" around 16gb but "size" is shown to be 6.52 TB. When I tried to compress using rar, its size on disk become 25.7 GBtotal storage of the drive but I didnt actually compressed it..I just cancelled it when it was being compressed.The "size" of photos appears to be of 17.2 GB but "size on disk" is 8KB. Same thing happend with pdfs and videostheir size increased enormously .I am

:)

ShreejiTiwari, May 27, 2021

2. Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

I am really, really freaked out.

I cut-pasted photos and videos from my phone (Samsung phone running Android) to my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Now the files are all 16 GB - 17 GB in size (the folder is 39 TB in size, though the size on disk is correct). I don't know what happened. They are
    not opening (File cannot be opened because it is corrupted). Please help me, I don't have backup and its over 2200 photos and videos. Other photos and videos are opening.

(My laptop cannot have 39 TB of photos in it, its impossible. So the actual size has to be the correct one somehow, the one on disk).

Things I have tried:

1. Restarting my system.

2. Updating all drivers and restarting the system.

3. Copying file and opening in another laptop, didn't work. Also compressing the file and then extracting in another laptop.

4. Trying to fix a corrupt .mp4 file with VLC media player.

Please help me find these files again, I'll try literally everything you guys think will work.

AsthaBindra, May 27, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 27, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

1. Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes - Similar Threads - Folders copied phone

2. my windows files got corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows files got corrupted: so today i was at my PC normally then all of a sudden i got a BSOD then when the pc Restarted i got this errorso i pressed F1 the and went and looked for the factory reset option but it's not there disappared . when i try to system restore points it tell me i cant it tell me...
  3. my windows files got corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows files got corrupted: so today i was at my PC normally then all of a sudden i got a BSOD then when the pc Restarted i got this errorso i pressed F1 the and went and looked for the factory reset option but it's not there disappared . when i try to system restore points it tell me i cant it tell me...
  4. my windows files got corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My entire phone memory got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My entire phone memory got corrupted.: I connected my phone to lenovo laptop and i deleted one file. I don't know how but my entire phone data got deleted. When i connect my device to laptop it is showing the files and when i am trying to open it it is showing that file got corrupted with error code 0x80004005. My...
  6. My entire phone memory got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My entire phone memory got corrupted.: I connected my phone to lenovo laptop and i deleted one file. I don't know how but my entire phone data got deleted. When i connect my device to laptop it is showing the files and when i am trying to open it it is showing that file got corrupted with error code 0x80004005. My...
  7. My entire phone memory got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Photos & videos transferred from old iPhone to laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Photos & videos transferred from old iPhone to laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes: Hello, I transferred pictures and videos over from an old iPhone 6 Plus dragged them from the DCIM folder to a new folder on my desktop. Normally I would do it using CopyTrans, by my trial ran out. After the I thought successful transfer, I factory reset the iPhone, only to...
  9. Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes: I am really, really freaked out. I cut-pasted photos and videos from my phone (Samsung phone running Android) to my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Now the files are all 16 GB - 17 GB in size (the folder is 39 TB in size, though the size on disk is correct). I don't know what...
  10. copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB

copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB: copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB and i cant view my files also every photo is now 48GB can someone help [ATTACH][ATTACH]...